Sign in to follow this  
gueyo

Low FPS with Virtual Cockpit View

Disabling the default.xml doesn´t turn off all the autogen....it simply turns off a few buildings and stuff that no one notices.
I don't think so because when I rename default.xml almost all trees disappear, fps go from 15-20 to 30-40-50, and fsx run smooth like never before. I tried very low settings with autogen(without disabling) and I could not get this fps improvement.anyway, if doesn´t turn off all the autogen, it's turn off almost all autogen, not only few buildings and stuff that no one notices. Believe me, you will notice this - it's a big change in how fsx looks and how fsx run. You can find more information here: http://www.fsdevelop...read.php?t=3167This is a big compromise I made so I can run NGX on my system before I buy i7

Hello, I too suffer from a poor fps in vc 8 or 10 FPS !!!!Other planes for example pmdg 747 Level D 767 and iFly no problem. Quad core and win7

Maybe this can help you: FIRST ATTEMPT1. folow step by step http://www.simforums...187.html#1981872.then go to bojote tweaking tool http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html3.configure your card thisway http://forum.avsim.n...f-all-settings/4.here you can get a guide with some useful advice http://forum.aerosof...-you-might-not/5. http://forum.avsim.n...t-with-the-ngx/6.in fsx settings, disable high resolution virtual cockpit - NGX will not lose much in qualityWorth trying even if you lose a whole day with settings and defrag etc. If all you are not satisfied after this, you can try this: SECOND- go to FSX/Autogen and find "default.xml". Rename that file to default.backup This will disable your autogen, but will give you a realy big FPS improvement and FSX will run smoothly like never before. I can live without trees, you can use REX witch can improve how fsx looks without impact on FPS. If your FPS still not ok, try to replace your fsx.cfg with this, open notepad and paste this: [bufferPools]RejectThreshold=131072[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0[sOUND]AmbientUI=1AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000PrimaryDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}SOUND=1SOUND_LOD=1SOUND_QUALITY=2UISound=1VoiceDevice={00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}[slewTextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2[AContain]LabelColor=FFFF0000LabelDelay=1000ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelHeading=0ShowLabelManufacturer=1ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowLabels=1ShowUserLabel=0[ATC]AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BPilotVoice=0ShowATCText=1UsePilotVoice=1[TextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=2ASLON=0MEASURE=0[CONTROLS]Controls_Current=StandardControls_Default=StandardKBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64force_crash_enabled=1force_gear_bump_enabled=1force_ground_bumps_enabled=1force_master_gain=10000force_stick_force_enabled=1force_stick_shaker_enabled=1[FACILITIES]CITY=COUNTRY=GTL_BUTTON=1322STATE=[TextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1FuelPercentage=2,4GForce=2,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=0[GRAPHICS]AC_SELF_SHADOW=0AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0ALLOW_SHADER_30=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=0D3D10=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0HIGHMEMFIX=1IMAGE_QUALITY=0LANDING_LIGHTS=1NUM_LIGHTS=8See_Self=1TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096TEXTURE_QUALITY=3Text_Scroll=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458432SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432[TrafficManager]AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0AirlineDensity=0FreewayDensity=0GADensity=0IFROnly=0LeisureBoatsDensity=0ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0[DynamicHeadMovement]HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000[REALISM]AutoCoord=FalseAutoTrim=FalseCrashDetection=TrueCrashTolerance=1.000000CrashWithDyn=TrueGEffect=TrueGeneral=1.000000GyroDrift=FalseGyroEffect=1.000000ManualLights=TruePFactor=1.000000RealMixture=TrueStressDamage=TrueTorque=1.000000TrueAirspeed=FalseUnlimitedFuel=False[Weather]AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=6CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3DETAILED_CLOUDS=0DisableTurbulence=0DownloadWindsAloft=1DynamicWeather=0MaxGustRampSpeed=200MaxGustTime=500MaxVarRampSpeed=75MaxVarTime=50MinGustRampSpeed=1MinGustTime=10MinVarRampSpeed=10MinVarTime=5THERMAL_VISUALS=0TurbulenceScale=0.500000WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1[Misc]Com_Rate=7[Main]FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1HideMenuFullscreen=1HideMenuNormal=1Location=120,67,904,701,\\.\DISPLAY1Maximized=1SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscUser Objects=Airplane, HelicopterProcSpeed=7343PerfBucket=7[Trusted][TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1FuelPercentage=1,4GForce=1,3LockedFrameRate=1,2[uSERINTERFACE]DisplayFuelAsWeight=0Map_Orientation=2OpenATCOnCreate=0PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1PageID=1SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIMSelectAircraftManufacturer=AllSelectAircraftPublisher=PMDGSelectAircraftType=AllShowAllACPaintSchemes=1[sIM]SYSCLOCK=1[Display]ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255BLOOM_EFFECTS=0ChangeTime=4.000000InfoBrakesEnable=FalseInfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoOverspeedEnable=FalseInfoParkingBrakesEnable=FalseInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=FalseInfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40TextureMaxLoad=30TransitionTime=4.000000UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=False[slewTextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2[PANELS]DEFAULT_VIEW=0IMAGE_QUALITY=1PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_STRETCHING=1QUICKTIPS=0UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0[sTARTUP]DEMO=0LoadWindow=1SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=0[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT.0]Mode=1024x768x32[TERRAIN]AUTOGEN_DENSITY=1DETAIL_TEXTURE=1LOD_RADIUS=3.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=50MESH_RESOLUTION=21SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=26WATER_EFFECTS=0[sCENERY]DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=1LENSFLARE=0SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0[FlightPlanMap]LineWidth=2SHOW_AIRPORTS=1SHOW_AIRSPACE=1SHOW_APPROACHES=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1SHOW_JET=0SHOW_NDBS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1show_ac_twr=1show_airways=1show_markers=1show_volume_boundaries=1show_waypoints=1[RWW_WEATHER_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_VORS=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT.0.0]Mode=1024x768x32[MULTIPLAYER]condAccoutPassword=0 Save notepad(rename to fsx.cfg and put it instead of original fsx.cfg)IMPORTANT: Backup first your FSX.CFG and change in this FSX.CFG - graphic card(put yours 9400 gt or simply delete that and let it be written automatically when you start FSX), and change "WideViewAspect=False" to "Thrue" if using widescreen This is a good start, then you can try to move your sliders slowly to the right and see how much fps you lose and stop when you like the settings. Even with this settings, fsx looks much better then x-plane, and must important - NGX run very well! If this don't help you, go and buy i7 black edition! good luck
Hi Zeljko, Great set of recommendations. I have a question for you: why disable the autogen by renaming the file and not simply switching it off in the settings sliders ? Regards Karim

Yeah. I suggest you don't expand the square. Problem solved.
I have that little square too (top left corner of the screen), that can be expanded as in the picture above. Any clue on what it is?Thanks.

James Goggi

Hi Zeljko, Great set of recommendations. I have a question for you: why disable the autogen by renaming the file and not simply switching it off in the settings sliders ? Regards Karim
Hi karim,I'll be honest with you, I don't know. I found this recomandation in FS developers forums some time ago, if there was an explanation - I don't remember anymore. But this was one of the best tweaks for my system. My CPU is only 2,53Ghz and I worked very hard to make my system to run FSX smooth. Maybe I can find more informations when I return home - this weekend. I have a business meeting this week. I'll tell you if I find something about your question

I have lots of trees and buildings and I have default.xml disabled....so I am clueless as to your comment that this would turn off autogen. There is a little tool called Flusifix that explains what this tweak does and there it says that it only disables stuff that is rendered in addition to the normal autogen, stuff that is really not that obvious and can be turned off if not needed (Schools, Fastfood buildings, Signs etc.). Sure it affects how FSX looks in the end, but saying that it turns off all autogen is just false.

I found the original post: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3167There you will find everything about this tweak. Eraser74, you're right, this will not remove all autogen, but removes many trees. This is from original post: "What it does is it removes all the added value random autogen from the sim ( burger joints, shopping malls, light poles... ). Unfortunately, it also eliminates many trees and shrubs in the process, leaving a slightly barren look to the sim."I find that number of the trees differ depending on the area, country. For exemple, I have many trees in the USA, and almost none in some areas of Europe. For me, this is a good tweak in terms of performance, maybe not so important on fastest systems.