Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

No panel freeze with PMDG house colors

Hi, When i fly the 738WL using PMDG house colors, i get no panel freeze but if i use one of the PMDG repaints i get a panel freeze. What is wrong with the repaints.Should i download and reinstall the repaints again. Have they been updated since the aircraft was released? Thanks and regards.

Real Deraps

Which exact liveries, what route etc? Absolutely everything is held constant except for the livery? There is no difference at all between the house liveries and the airline ones aside from what is painted on them, this seems very unlikely to me.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Well, I have had crashes and freezes for Lauda Air every time I have flown. The KLM worked tonight, the Mago worked as well.

I've had a freeze with the Westjet repaint (738WL). I haven't tried the other ones. It could be just a coincidence, but i've made two flights without freeze with the PMDG colors and it freezes every time i use the Westjet colors. Best regards

Real Deraps

I think it's just a fluke as long as the textures look normal on the plane.All the various 4096 textures are the same exact size.. There is no logicalexplanation for one crashing, and not another. They are all about 16 mb.The 2048 textures I use are a little over 5 mb a pop.. I did that cuz I'm32 bit, and trying to save every scrap of memory possible..But I still use all the default VC textures. I didn't bother any of those,as they are not that large, and I couldn't see much point.And all the liveries use the same VC textures, so that rules out thatangle making a difference too.You are just running out of memory I think.. I have to roll back my scenerysettings or I do the same thing.. But it doesn't really bother me.I don't care much about super detailed scenery when flying a jetliner.It's more about the cockpit, and from 30-40k feet, it looks about thesame anyway vs high autogen. I've never had any problems running any of the liveries I've tried sofar.

I've had a freeze with the Westjet repaint (738WL). I haven't tried the other ones. It could be just a coincidence, but i've made two flights without freeze with the PMDG colors and it freezes every time i use the Westjet colors. Best regards
Funny you should say this. I have done all my flying with PMDG colours. This weekend I flew Quantas and had my first freeze. I didn't think anything of it until I just read your post.

Stephen Munn

Hi.....I have tried several of the addon liveries including the BA livery, reloaded today. There is no doubt, however inexplicable, but I always end up with a freeze. Very bizarre. I do get freezes with the default paint but that is due mainly to pushing my system resources, traffic etc, which I expect running 32bit XP. I have tried all the work arounds when using the addon liveries but to no avail. I must point out that it isn't a major concern for me I'm happy flying the PMDG colours but there is definately something not quite right when using the addons. Best sim ever though.

I have nothing against the PMDG colors, from the cockpit, it changes nothing at all, but it's just that i like to fly one on my own country colors (canadian).

Real Deraps

I thought at least some of the addon liveries comes with customer options preconfigured, so perhaps certain customer options are more likely to cause a freeze than others?

As Johan said above, why don't you guys import the panel configuration say from Westjet, into "House" and see if it makes a difference ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Not sure if i understand what you mean exactly. Which file i should import. I've had a look at the Westjet texture folder and the panel.cfg just refer to the main NGX panel....

Real Deraps

WAIT. GUYS. I jsut realized, the textures are 4096 by 4096, and whenever people enable this feature (actually using HD mode) it seems to freeze SOME users' FSX. I wonder if this is connected to the panel freeze?

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

hello. I confirm that when i use pmdg livery y don't have freeze or crash but since 20 days ago y never do a complete flight without crash because y was using livery "Air Algerie" "Royal Air Maroc" or "Ryanair" Today it's the first time that y can finish a flight without crash with the PMDG livery.I have the hotfix 2 only.I hope that the SP1 will do something for these problems. So now y can absolutely confirm that freeze and crashs appears only with the different liveries. Sorry for my English. Best regards Nasser