Sign in to follow this  
jbrewer

horizon vfr generation x v2.0 on a different hard drive to FSX

Hi all, Ive just ordered horizon vfr generation x v2.0 for FSX. I was just wondering if it is possible to install the scenery to a different hard drive to FSX. Cheers, Jack

Yep, did it myself. It's important to refer to the right folders in your scenery library. Good luck

========================

HAPPY FLYING

Raymond

Raymond, I have an almost identical system to you (4.6 and a 580, but v similar) and just reinstalled V2 tonight. I am getting shocking blurries at distance - do you? Beneath and around me is clear, but the further away I look, the blurrier it is. *******' tweaks haven't helped. Would be interested to hear from you, thanks.

Paul Skol

What is this?

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

What is this? You never heard of Google?As for blurries after a reinstall you need to defrag the drive, installing 75 gigabytes of data at once is always going to get seriously fragmented. I recommend a third party defrag tool as well if you don't already have one, something like "O&O Defrag" with a Complete/Name defrag method.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks Andy; turned out I'd set Trilinear filtering instead of AF - what a difference a click makes! Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Paul Skol