Sign in to follow this  
THRUSTER57

WITH HOTFIX ,HIGHMEMFIX ECT,AND JESUS, LOOK AT THE FPS 32 in VC

is it real...2011-9-9_18-24-39-446.jpg
Hey Thruster,nice shots and happy to see you're achieving some good FPS. Can I ask what the FPS is like when you're on APP or Parked at the larger airports with AI? Thx & Rgds, XCL

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hello XCL, same on approach into uk2000 british add on airports, i do not have any AI just fsxtraffic at half way plus freeware FS WATER CONFIG. NO REXjames

Here's one for you.Me at JKF, with lots of AI, FSDT's KJFK, and REX and even a storm- 25 to 35 FPS. No bad for an older rig :-)Proof: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/343568-pmdg-ngx-fps-comparison-shots-at-jfk-with-core2duo/Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Sean my rig is still under warranty? what is overclocked, does it affect my warranty and how do you do it ? does it make mine even better than now, and how? mine is 2.9ghz thanks sean..james

Sean my rig is still under warranty? what is overclocked, does it affect my warranty and how do you do it ? does it make mine even better than now, and how? mine is 2.9ghz thanks sean..james
Yes, overclocking will void your warranty and if you have a factory built like HP, Dell, etc. your BIOS might be locked and you couldn't overclock anyway. Basically OC'ing is just making the CPU work a bit harder and while it's not 100% safe, these days as long as you follow the guides, have proper cooling and do it a little at a time and monitor it closely, you should be fine. My rig has been OC'ed for 3 years now and left on 24hours a day 7 days a week and I haven't had any problems.To be honest, OC'ing is the best free performance upgrade you can do for FSX, aside from the cost of the cooler you'll need which is cheap anyway. Its not as easy to fry or burn your rig up as it once was. These days the mobos have lot of fail safe protection which can shut the rig down if your pushing it too far. Not to say that somehow you couldn't still mess something up, but the odds of it aren't like it was 190 years when overclocking.If I can get this type of performance on my old rig I can only imagine what I will get when I step up to a newer CPU, 64bit OS, and more RAM.
ITS A WOW FROM ME,LOOKS SO REAL SIR

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yes, overclocking will void your warranty and if you have a factory built like HP, Dell, etc. your BIOS might be locked and you couldn't overclock anyway. Basically OC'ing is just making the CPU work a bit harder and while it's not 100% safe, these days as long as you follow the guides, have proper cooling and do it a little at a time and monitor it closely, you should be fine. My rig has been OC'ed for 3 years now and left on 24hours a day 7 days a week and I haven't had any problems. To be honest, OC'ing is the best free performance upgrade you can do for FSX, aside from the cost of the cooler you'll need which is cheap anyway. Its not as easy to fry or burn your rig up as it once was. These days the mobos have lot of fail safe protection which can shut the rig down if your pushing it too far. Not to say that somehow you couldn't still mess something up, but the odds of it aren't like it was 190 years when overclocking. If I can get this type of performance on my old rig I can only imagine what I will get when I step up to a newer CPU, 64bit OS, and more RAM. Thanks :-) Sean Campbell
thanks sean, mine seems to run fine the only thing i will say is that when running orbx and ngx the fan comes on big time and as soon as i exit it goes off,would this kill my computer in the end? thanks for the lesson,great.james