Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PaulKent

Recommendations for a private jet?

Hi all.I'm looking for some advice as to which private jet you think is best in FSX. I'm looking for good systems, flight dynamics etc.I love the ngx, the real air duke and would a nippy wee private jet to buzz around the skies in. I have heard eaglesoft are good??Thanks, paul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can certainly recommend the XTreme Protoypes 20 Series LearJets package (it features the older LearJet models which had the low bypass turbojet engines as opposed to the modern ones with high bypass turbofans, i.e. the noisy ones). It's one of the best (systems-wise) simulations of a private jet that you will find. The only down side to it really is the range of the older LearJets, which is reflected realistically in the sim, although of the various variants you get in the package, there is one with the large tip tanks. Note that it is pretty tricky to fly (like the real ones are), with high approach speeds and a very narrow safety margin up at coffin corner when you get over 40,000 feet, i.e. like the real 20 Series LearJets, it was basically a twin-engined jet fighter with a cabin, so it is a real rocket ship as far as speed goes. If you use FS9 and don't mind learning a very complex aeroplane, then you might want to consider the Supronov Design Yak-40, which is a good contender for being the best simulation of any aircraft for FS ever (yup, it really is that good). Al

I've got the ESDG Citation X. It is a nice plane and has sort of a PMDG style FMS. It has some tricky setup requirements with FSUIPC(requires full version) with it's throttle calibration and whatever throttle quadrant setup you might have. I hear the F1 Citation Mustang is quite nice but it is kind of heavy on frames. If you like older jets, the Xtreme Lear 20 series is great as Al suggests. Otherwise wait a few months until the BBJ NGX comes out. CheersTJ

I tried to find some business jets few months ago, I tried lots of products. If you like NGX and RealAir Duke - there is no private jet to compare with them. Flight1 Citation Mustang is good if you have realy fast PC