Guest jahman
Indigo Extreme is the best there is right now (it's molten metal), but it's a bit more difficuolt to install than thermal paste. Cheers, - jahman.

I just put together my system and used the paste that came with the Corsair A70. Have I got a problem?

Dan Cole

I think the stuff on the H80 is some of the best but if you got rid of it or its gone and you are a bit nervous about thermal paste then go for Arctic Silver MX-4. Non conductive so it wont ruin anything if you make a mess.

Its not better but it is not conductive so there is not really any risk associated with it.
Not conductive? but it is better a conductive or a non-conductive thermal paste? harpsi

A conductive is better but if you get your conductive thermal paste all over your parts, you'll be sorry. The difference between the two is very small. few degrees at most.

I would say its not exactly which thermal paste you have but its how well you apply it. I think the TX-3 is pretty good also. I would personally just go with something from Arctic Silver.

I would say its not exactly which thermal paste you have but its how well you apply it. I think the TX-3 is pretty good also. I would personally just go with something from Arctic Silver.

Guest jahman
Except of course the Indigo Extreme which is not a paste and therefore no worries about how large a bead to place and where to place it. Indigo Extreme is self-adhesive, then run Prime95 on your CPU with the CPU fan off to "reflow" (melt) the Indigo Extreme "metal" and you're set (read the instructions though). As the chart on the page I posted shows, Indig Extreme beats all other solutions, because once the CPU cools it is "welded" (soldered, really) to the heatsink. Note 1: Indigo Extreme requires the heastsink base be abdolutely flat or it won't work, so check the compatibility list first before buying. Note 2: It will be interesting to see what OC's folks will get with the new upcoming i7-2700K and Indigo Extreme. Cheers, - jahman.

Except of course the Indigo Extreme which is not a paste and therefore no worries about how large a bead to place and where to place it. Indigo Extreme is self-adhesive, then run Prime95 on your CPU with the CPU fan off to "reflow" (melt) the Indigo Extreme "metal" and you're set (read the instructions though). As the chart on the page I posted shows, Indig Extreme beats all other solutions, because once the CPU cools it is "welded" (soldered, really) to the heatsink. Note 1: Indigo Extreme requires the heastsink base be abdolutely flat or it won't work, so check the compatibility list first before buying. Note 2: It will be interesting to see what OC's folks will get with the new upcoming i7-2700K and Indigo Extreme. Cheers, - jahman.
Eheh... Too complicated to a newbie like me :) I will see... I am waiting for more comments :) harpsi