Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Lost dll.xml file : need help

Because I was going to built a new system I saved the main FSX folder and the folder with all of my scenery addons.In this way it was very simple to install verything again. However I forgot to save the folder with the fsx.cfg file and , more important, the dll.xml file.Many scenery, utility and aircraftaddons are named in the dll.xml file. Has anyone of you a very large dll.xml file which I could use as a base to start with instead of installing more than 60 addons over again ? Thanks in advance.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

dll.xml contains details of the dlls that were installed by your add-ons. It's most unlikely that anyone else will have a match. This explains the structrure of it so you could reconstruct it yourself based on your own add-ons.

If you give me some of your addon's names, I may well be able to post some entries. The only thing to look at would be the paths to the dlls, but those are mostly set as a relative one from the FSX root folder, and even if not, can be easily adjusted.That's no rocket science if the dll.xml entries are the only things missing. So, what's installed at your end, Gerard? Here's the basic structure of the file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">  <Descr>Launch</Descr>  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>  <Disabled>False</Disabled>  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad></SimBase.Document>

For example, FSUIPC is added like this.

<Launch.Addon>    	<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>    	<Disabled>False</Disabled>    	<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>	</Launch.Addon>  <Launch.Addon>

Just before the closing </SimBase.Document> line.But FSUIPC also adds itself when running the installer again, so it maybe wasn't the best example, but shows the structure of course. Edited. Good link there from mgh concerning the structure.

PMDG 737NGX, MD-11CS 757 and 767ASEREXAFXAudio EnvironmentFs DesignInstant sceneryUTX EUUTX USGEX EUGEX USGEX AFRMyTraffic X Just a few to name. Already I received an dll.xml file, so I have a starting point.But the more the better.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Not all of those load dlls, fortunately. laugh.png Do you have some of the Orbx airports with the dll too? Find the PMDG entries at mgh's posted link, the NGX just adds.

<Launch.Addon>  <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>  <Disabled>False</Disabled>  <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>  <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>  <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName></Launch.Addon>

CS 757 and CS 767.

<Launch.Addon>  <Name>Captain Sim 767 Menu</Name>  <Disabled>False</Disabled>  <Path>Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b767.menu.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon>  <Name>Captain Sim Menu</Name>  <Disabled>False</Disabled>  <Path>Captain_sim\captain_sim.b757.menu.dll</Path></Launch.Addon>

ASE doesn't use a dll there.REX is exe.xml stuff. AFX has a small app to add the entry. Doesn't need a new installation, just run the module installer app.The same goes for Audio Environment. UTX EU, UTX US, GEX EU, GEX US, GEX AFR don't need a dll. I don't really know about MyTraffic X, but I doubt it needs a dll. Running FSDT sceneries? They have the Addon Manager.When running AES or AES equipped airports, they have Vistamare.

Here's some more help:-- DLL.XML INFORMATION AND TROUBLESHOOTING by Ryan Maziarz, PMDG http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a92/dllxml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.