Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSalden

Lost dll.xml file : need help

Because I was going to built a new system I saved the main FSX folder and the folder with all of my scenery addons.In this way it was very simple to install verything again. However I forgot to save the folder with the fsx.cfg file and , more important, the dll.xml file.Many scenery, utility and aircraftaddons are named in the dll.xml file. Has anyone of you a very large dll.xml file which I could use as a base to start with instead of installing more than 60 addons over again ? Thanks in advance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

dll.xml contains details of the dlls that were installed by your add-ons. It's most unlikely that anyone else will have a match. This explains the structrure of it so you could reconstruct it yourself based on your own add-ons.

If you give me some of your addon's names, I may well be able to post some entries. The only thing to look at would be the paths to the dlls, but those are mostly set as a relative one from the FSX root folder, and even if not, can be easily adjusted.That's no rocket science if the dll.xml entries are the only things missing. So, what's installed at your end, Gerard? Here's the basic structure of the file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">  <Descr>Launch</Descr>  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>  <Disabled>False</Disabled>  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad></SimBase.Document>

For example, FSUIPC is added like this.

<Launch.Addon>    	<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>    	<Disabled>False</Disabled>    	<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>	</Launch.Addon>  <Launch.Addon>

Just before the closing </SimBase.Document> line.But FSUIPC also adds itself when running the installer again, so it maybe wasn't the best example, but shows the structure of course. Edited. Good link there from mgh concerning the structure.

PMDG 737NGX, MD-11CS 757 and 767ASEREXAFXAudio EnvironmentFs DesignInstant sceneryUTX EUUTX USGEX EUGEX USGEX AFRMyTraffic X Just a few to name. Already I received an dll.xml file, so I have a starting point.But the more the better.

Not all of those load dlls, fortunately. laugh.png Do you have some of the Orbx airports with the dll too? Find the PMDG entries at mgh's posted link, the NGX just adds.

<Launch.Addon>  <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>  <Disabled>False</Disabled>  <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>  <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>  <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName></Launch.Addon>

CS 757 and CS 767.

<Launch.Addon>  <Name>Captain Sim 767 Menu</Name>  <Disabled>False</Disabled>  <Path>Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b767.menu.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon>  <Name>Captain Sim Menu</Name>  <Disabled>False</Disabled>  <Path>Captain_sim\captain_sim.b757.menu.dll</Path></Launch.Addon>

ASE doesn't use a dll there.REX is exe.xml stuff. AFX has a small app to add the entry. Doesn't need a new installation, just run the module installer app.The same goes for Audio Environment. UTX EU, UTX US, GEX EU, GEX US, GEX AFR don't need a dll. I don't really know about MyTraffic X, but I doubt it needs a dll. Running FSDT sceneries? They have the Addon Manager.When running AES or AES equipped airports, they have Vistamare.