Sign in to follow this  
Timmer

Volume Drops

I am not completely sure this is due to VoxATC but I believe it's the most likely culprit. Many times when VoxATC speaks the volume of FSX gets cut in half. Also, even when I don't hear anyone talk it'll just drop in half for a while and then a few minutes later go back up. I have FSX set up to send sound through the primary sound device, which is my speakers, and voice through my headsets. Ideally, I'd like no change in volume whatsoever when any voice is active. If anyone knows if this is a VoxATC setting somewhere or what other possible addon/FSX quirk could be causing this, I'd appreciate the help.

I am not completely sure this is due to VoxATC but I believe it's the most likely culprit. Many times when VoxATC speaks the volume of FSX gets cut in half. Also, even when I don't hear anyone talk it'll just drop in half for a while and then a few minutes later go back up. I have FSX set up to send sound through the primary sound device, which is my speakers, and voice through my headsets. Ideally, I'd like no change in volume whatsoever when any voice is active. If anyone knows if this is a VoxATC setting somewhere or what other possible addon/FSX quirk could be causing this, I'd appreciate the help.
What Windows version do you use?

This will happen to me also, especially if I start going through too many other windows that might have sound attached to them. It'll cut my VoxATC sound in half and will be harder to hear.

Ok, if you are using Windows 7 (perhaps Vista as well, not sure) then: 1. Go to Control Panel. 2. Click Hardware and Sound. 3. Click Manage Audio Devices. 4. Click Tab Communications. 5. Click bullet Do Nothing. 6. Exit Control Panel.

Ah-hah! Ok, so it was reducing it by 80% not 50%. Hopefully, that was it. Thank you!

"I have FSX set up to send sound through the primary sound device, which is my speakers, and voice through my headsets..."- Can someone advise how to accomplish this? Thanks / Les Parson

there is a quick Fix if this happens.Press "Q" in FSX while in flight (when you noticed the Volume drops), and "Q" again.this would reset the sound session to it's normal state.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg