Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

OEM Service exeriences

Not much on this in the Avsim forums so I thought I would start a thread on it. When I picked out the components of my new computer build, the one thing I did not consider was the post sale service. It turns out that I did have an RMA issue so here is my feedback for others considering purchases. Problem: Strange artifacts on my new monitor. Solution: After communication with ASUS I did a few things to rule out the video card and confirm it was the monitor. Resolution: ASUS shipping me a new 27" monitor. Actually they upgraded the monitor because the model I have is out of stock. Service: Very good and quick response to RMA, follow up questions and resolution. I am pleased and would have no hesitation dealing with them again. Was able to drop of my monitor at the local service center in Toronto and they are shipping the new monitor from the US as there is no stock in Canada at the moment. Negatives: Not overly thrilled by there telephone system and inability to call local repair center although you can find a live operator and they are helpful. Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Asus!!! I recently had a bad motherboard that failed in just over 30 days. I called Asus. Their solution was to ship the board back to them for repair. The other option after i pushed them was for them to send me a motherboard I could install in my computer. Send them my broken board for them to repair. Then when repaired, I would get it back, take their board out and return it to them. With their warranty I would have to replace the MB twice or be without while they repaired the warrantied board. What a horrid solution. Thank goodness my retailer simply exchanged it for an identical replacement. Otherwise my solution would have been to purchase another brand for my computer. Send the Asus back for repair and resale it when returned. Needless to say, I will be unlikely to buy another Asus Motherboard.

Usually retailers are the ones with simple solutions.I have been ASUS fan for years. Not going to be buying ASUS board anytime soon again.Reasons:Countless emails due to cold boot bug, no solution whatsoever.Pointing me to some forum to ask there.. (Awardfabrik).Exchanged the motherboard once with the retailer, no difference. Didn't bother 2nd time.Exchanged CPU and RAM, same problem persists...Retailer even said to exchange to any other board if I want... I didn't bother though.I am waiting now until something new comes just to spring over and that's it. Only good thing about ASUS are it's looks and performance... when it boots up.

Had a WD caviar black 1Tb drive die (still would sort of work but windows wouldn't boot off it and it failed WD tests). RMAd the dirve no questions asked and WD sent back a 2Tb Black as replacement. Currently have problem with OCZ Vertex III SSD (BSOD 4F stops). OCZ is aware of the problem and seems to think the problem is in the SF controller. They put out a firmware update 2.13 that is supposed to make the SF controller work "like an Intel" and that is supposed to be the fix, but it seems like users still have problems. Also you can't just load the new firmware and away you go, they have a complex reset procedure you have to follow.