Sign in to follow this  
eurowing

remember the 747?

Well I'm going backwards lol starting with the 737 ngx and will purchase hopefully next month the md-11 then the 747-400 with luck happy.png they are indeed older products but the vc doesn't bother me too much as long as it doesn't look like the default fs2004 vc I do remember hearing about a 747 v2 Ill be honest Im very surprised at myself for not getting the md-11 years ago since I love the DC-10. the older products used less polygons which shapes the 3d model so the shapes were more square looking and some of the parts in the vc were made with flat textures instead of modelling every shape and smooth 3d parts we just didn't have the horse power for that kind of detail at that time.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

as probably all of you i have flown nothing but the ngx since it was released. just for the fun of it i jumped into the pmdg 747 a minute ago and i must say........ i was shocked! i used to be amazed by it but i think the ngx completely "ruined" it... my first thought was that it looked like a cartoon! not sure if that is good or bad but the guys at pmdg sure have made a big step forward from the 747. i think the md11 is somewhere in between these two. but even the 11 is not as enjoyable anymore. but who cares, flying the ngx i don't even miss any of the other planes!
I wish they did a remake for the 747 with the same quality of the 737ngx virtual cockpit. I would be more than willing to pay for the upgrade. In the meantime I'm enjoying the 737ngx! Just a tought...

I wish they did a remake for the 747 with the same quality of the 737ngx virtual cockpit. I would be more than willing to pay for the upgrade. In the meantime I'm enjoying the 737ngx!
Considering the 777 is next it may be a long time before a 747-400 V2 comes out if ever. By that time we might all have moved on to Microsoft Flight or X-Plane 10. Have you seen the default 747-400 for Xplane 10? The Exterior and Interior modeling completely blew me away! Now Imagine the possibilities if PMDG did a 747-400 on this platform?

Considering the 777 is next it may be a long time before a 747-400 V2 comes out if ever. By that time we might all have moved on to Microsoft Flight or X-Plane 10. Have you seen the default 747-400 for Xplane 10? The Exterior and Interior modeling completely blew me away! Now Imagine the possibilities if PMDG did a 747-400 on this platform?
WOW Drooling.gif

John C

Flown a leg from OMDB-WSSS using the 747 today, flight duration: 7 hours. It took me a few minutes to re-familiarize the panel/switch locations. The plane still handles beautifully.

Flown a leg from OMDB-WSSS using the 747 today, flight duration: 7 hours. It took me a few minutes to re-familiarize the panel/switch locations. The plane still handles beautifully.
I did a quick flight today WSSS-WADD it's sure a beautiful bird.....But..... did you realize how simple the panels are compared to NGX, I have to admit that the plane feels much different but in general NGX is much more complicated I guess .

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I did a quick flight today WSSS-WADD it's sure a beautiful bird.....But..... did you realize how simple the panels are compared to NGX, I have to admit that the plane feels much different but in general NGX is much more complicated I guess .
Yes, I also had better frame rates back in the 747 and yup, it just feels different...