Sign in to follow this  
THRUSTER57

4096 in th cfg keeps going back to 1024 can you help.

Hello, i keep having to change the texture max load back to 4096(as instucted) from 1024 it will not remain as saved? anbody help please.thanksjames.

As far i know its the same like LOD_Radius in the CFG! Everytime you change a grpahic setting inside your FSX those settings will reset to normal

do not change your screen settings in the fsx options menu ...once you edited the fsx.cfg and go in the options menu in fsx it will revert it to 1024 ... so after changing it to 4096 never go back to the options menu in fsx

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

When you change some value in fsx customize menu(graphics, aircraft, weather, traffic tabs) texture max load will go back to 1024, so you must change it to 4096 manually everytime you change something

Hi james, I use the Texture Max Load Editor to set my texture_max_load to 4096 every time I start my sim. Just open the program, choose your max load and then press set. (The program should also contain an autostart function. However that future isn't working on my rig) Hope that helps Jonathan

Hello, i keep having to change the texture max load back to 4096(as instucted) from 1024 it will not remain as saved? anbody help please.thanksjames.
The only way I know you can get it to 4096 and get it to stay at 4096 if you make any adjustments is if you use any of the FSDT airports because they added a "Force HD" option in the latest addon manager that will force 4096 to stay on even if you make changes once inside FSX. Otherwise without it, every time you make a change while in FSX it will revert back to 1024.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I start with a batch file that copies the config in each time I start FSX. Also I copy pretty much every other config file, so I can mess around all I want without worrying about making a bad setting stick.Also I use the F1 DLL loading program too. I'll bet someone has made a FSX launcher that handles this nicely. Tim D.

I use a batch file to run the fpslimmiter and FSX.The batch file looks like this in my computer: copy C:\Users\Joao\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\fsx\FSX1.cfg fsx.cfgfps / r: D3D9 / f: 30 c: \ fsx \ fsx.exeexit Do not forget FSX1.CFG is the permanent archive, the changes make it outright João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos