Sign in to follow this  
rhpa23

2987 Hotfix causing CTDs after loading the NGX

Hello, after installing the 2987 Hotfix, I had CTDs after loading the NGX. I never had problems before with CTDs. I think something has been changed to improve performance and that is causing this problem. I'll have to wait for SP1 to have this fixed or I can go back to previous version?Follow the Windows log: Application name failed: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, timestamp: 0x475e17d3Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x4e7ce449Exception Code: 0xc0000005Displacement failed: 0x57f99374Identification of the failed process: 0xf18Start time of the failed application: 0x01cc7b84fb426790Application Path failed: C:\Games\FSX\fsx.exePath module failures: PMDG_737NGX.DLLReport ID: 88de9928-e778-11e0-9ace-f46d049c401a

I'm having the same issue. I've submitted a support ticket. Tis a tad frustrating considering I was pretty stable before. Not everyone is having it, so hopefully we can nail down the issue quickly.

Chris Hicks

some suggestions:clear the shader cache, delete all the pmdg dll enteries from the fsx.cfg [Trusted] section and re-auth them. EDIT: one more thing to try is to check the aircraft.cfg files to see if the hotfix was applied, i had it applied only to 3 of the 4 cfg.i renamed it and reinstalled the hotfix.

some suggestions:clear the shader cache, delete all the pmdg dll enteries from the fsx.cfg [Trusted] section and re-auth them.
Thank you for your quick reply! I'd already deleted the entries from the config, since that seems to occur with each hotfix. I'm not quite sure if I know how to clear the shader cache though.

Chris Hicks

go to "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX"and delete both Shaders and Shaders10 folders.

EDIT: one more thing to try is to check the aircraft.cfg files to see if the hotfix was applied, i had it applied only to 3 of the 4 cfg.i renamed it and reinstalled the hotfix.
Now I see why liveries are still exist for 800WL model.. But CTD occured even with 900 model.

Now I see why liveries are still exist for 800WL model.. But CTD occured even with 900 model.
if it kepts your liveries after the hotfix than i would rekon it didnt patch it.at the top of all aircraft.cfg file it should show
// Current with Build: 1.00.2987

try renamed all 4 cfg's to aircraft.cfg.bak and rerun the hotfix installer.make sure to backup the liveries section. ( [fltsim.X] sections) so u could paste it back in.

go to "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX"and delete both Shaders and Shaders10 folders.
I don't have any shader folders in that location or in AppData/Roaming. Only in the main FSX directory. I moved those folders to the desktop then started FSX and this caused a black screen. I've verified the current version numbers in the cfg files.

Chris Hicks

what ? it cant be. it must be hidden, u have hidden files showing ?try start -> run and type "%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\FSX\" (no quotes)the one in the fsx dir is the actual shaders source code. the dir i directed u to is where fsx puts the compiled shaders.it has to be there. in localdata not roaming.

I don't have any shader folders in that location or in AppData/Roaming. Only in the main FSX directory. I moved those folders to the desktop then started FSX and this caused a black screen. I've verified the current version numbers in the cfg files.
AppData\Local\

Sounds like it will be the same on this hotfix, than on all the others before.If your RTM-Version is working without problems, freezes and so on (as mine is) NEWER try to install some of the Hotfixes, or you WILL come in trouble !

Totally overlooked it the first time. I'm violating my troubleshooting before coffee policy. Deleted the folder, but unfortunately, it did not fix the problem.
Sounds like it will be the same on this hotfix, than on all the others before.If your RTM-Version is working without problems, freezes and so on (as mine is) NEWER try to install some of the Hotfixes, or you WILL come in trouble !
Well, the new one boasted a few new features and I gave into temptation.

Chris Hicks

well i can keep throwing ideas here but those usually do the trick.and it will be shots in the dark, i would uninstall and re-install to get it back to a working state and than try my luck again.but thats me, u might want to stop at the working phase smile.pngi just dont like stuff that refuses to work. EDIT: talking about new stuff, i noticed the wing flex effect is much better while taxing, and TERR is working F/O side.thats with about 15 mins of messing around, it would be a lot easier if PMDG would let us know exactly what exactly was updated/fixed.