Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

SID/STAR database definitely causing CTD

I posted this topic a couple of hours ago but it disappeared? So again, I tested this scenario out 3 times with the same conclusion. A specific SID contained in the database is causing CTD's. Specifically, the SID is named "KAREN4" from "YMHB". I tried loading the SID at different points whilst on the ground at YMHB (ie, Gate 10, Apron & RWY12) all with the same result. On the 4th ocassion I elected to not choose any SID at all, and no CTD. I tested the LD767 using the same SID on it's FMC/CDU and no CTD. I'm not a programming expert by any stretch of the imagination but logic points me in one direction here. In fact, I've experienced other CTD's whilst in-flight where it appears that a specific point (ie waypoint) causes a CTD. (YBCG to YSSY). In order to rectify this particular problem (ie YBCG to YSSY) I just remapped/resaved the plan again in the CDU/FMC and no more CTD's at that waypoint. Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I posted this topic a couple of hours ago but it disappeared?
Just a kind advice. Sign with your full name and it won't disappear anymore.Sorry no advice on the SID matter.

Could be a Navigraph issue for PMDGs ac. I suggest you, to repost your finding there./ Leffe

I had the same problem at Stansted in the UK...i couldn't fly out on a Clacton 8R, the game would just crash but all other sid's worked. When i up-dated with these hot fixes everything worked fine with no problems. The other thing to try, is maybe to download the current AIRAC cycle which is 1110 from Navgraph. Ronnie

I also noticed that some approaches are incomplete. For example, the JSY transition for ILS27 approach into Jersey (EGJJ) is empty. There seem to be some strange things with the navdata for PMDG, and with the way the NGX decodes it. Hopefully, they fixed it in HF4, or maybe in the SP1.

Cristi Neagu

Hello (OP) anonymous, Worked ok for me. SID KAREN4 RNW 12 TRK 120 UNTIL 1000 TRK 350 UNTIL 8.0 FROM FIX HB FIX D353O FIX KAREN

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW