Sign in to follow this  
snpower

Budget Build: About to order and would appreciate comments

Ok so I've got everything in the cart and ready to go. Plan on using existing 250GB WD drive and Radeon GPU (4500 I think) until I get more cash. This was a budget built for a system that will only do two things: run FSX and Xplane. I use REX, PMDG 737, and various other add on aircraft. I'm a pro pilot so I don't anticipate spending more than 10 hours per month in the sim. If you think I've $%&@ up with my components, or know of cheaper ones that will work just as/nearly well... please speak up. I'm a Mac devotee and have been trying to school myself on PCs. Major considerations were upgradability and SLI ability at some point. Thanks!!!

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

The setup looks good except the 4500 may bottleneck the CPU.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Looks good except the fact that the MOBO you´ve decided is an micro-ATX. this means that it´s smaller than normal ATX ones. I don´t know whether this is SLI ready cause micro-ATX boards have mostly a very limited number of GFX ports.

Great catch. Alternative MOBO recommendations, if you don't mind please?I would assume just switch to the ATX version of the same board unless there's a better one at that price point.

Great catch. Alternative MOBO recommendations, if you don't mind please?I would assume just switch to the ATX version of the same board unless there's a better one at that price point.
The micro ATX form factor is just fine. It's more a macho thing when people hate on them. That being said, the cheaper Asrock Z68 lines are great budget mobos. Specifically the Pro3 (Great mobo).

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

The micro ATX form factor is just fine. It's more a macho thing when people hate on them. That being said, the cheaper Asrock Z68 lines are great budget mobos. Specifically the Pro3 (Great mobo).
Seconded. Got one when my MSI P67A-C45 bit the dust. While I got to 4.5ghz on the MSI, the board was always very flaky (not due to the overclock). Swapped it for the Asrock as my supplier wasn't stocking the MSI any more, and straight upto 4.5ghz, and the computer has now been running without a peep, without being switched off even, for about 10 weeks.

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Looks fine. I'd seriously consider a better video card though. I guess you can turn down some settings (especially if you're just working instrument stuff) but earlier ATI/AMD cards really choked in FSX. Also you mentioned SLI - doesn't do a whole lot for FSX. Not sure what it would do for XP. If I were you I'd get a GTX 560ti for starters.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Great input from everyone!! Looks like I gotta get the GPU right now too.