Sign in to follow this  
az1228

ntdll.dll crashes

Hello Simmers, I'm experiencing FSX crashes ntdll.dllI'm starting with UT2, crash, tried MTX, cresh, tried TrafficX, etc... crash. ( not all together of course ) The crash happens only during morning hours, only on LIRA and LIRF airports ( saved and no saved fly ) let say only in a zone where I have two freeware add-on scenery. I tried to uninstall AI's and no error were reported. WOAI seems to be the only one that I can have. My config is: i2600K, W7 64, GTX570, dedicated SSD64GB for FSX. FSX Acc.Pack. Regards,Francesco

Francesco Gatta
Managing Director / Media

Royaldutchvirtual.com

Guest firehawk44

Very common error here on the FSX CTD forum. No solution (magic bullet). I would suggest starting with a Google search using 'ntdll.dll error fsx' as keywords. Personally, I think it has something to do with your system memory while running FSX. I've had the error once before while flying in intense FSX scenarios with heavy weather from ASE, at night, and on a commercial aircraft like PMDG. Something is interfering with the call for the ntdll.dll and this causes the crash. In my case, I changed the memory settings for my system RAM in the bios (I think the voltage setting). I haven't seen it since. Even though you might have tested your system for stability using software dedicated for checking stability, it does not mean your system is stable if it passes the stability test(s). Is your system overclocked? If so, I would start there. Best regards,Jim

Guest jahman
...only in a zone where I have two freeware add-on scenery.
Start by disabling both sceneries and see if you still get the crash. If you don't then enable one of the sceneries and try again. If you still don't CTD, enable the second scenery to confirm that it causes the CTD. Cheers, - jahman.

Thanks both for helping me. Much Appreciated.I see that tons of posts talk about UIAutomationCore.dll but I did not receive specific my events address only ntdll.dll issue.My system is not overclocked, is 3.4Ghz, Hyper is active on system. ( 8 cores ) I dislable both sceneries ( once one, than the other ) coming back to default ( orrible for Italy landscape) and I still getting errors only during moring hours with all types of planes default and commercial like PMDGI disables olso REX2 and...the same .. Regards,Francesco

Francesco Gatta

Royaldutchvirtual.com

Guest jahman

OK, that would seem to rule out a problem with the two add-on sceneries you mention. Something else you can try is to reduce your LOD radius so less scenery is loaded into memory. The UIAutomationCore.dll bug causes CTDs after twenty or so times you use the menu bar at the top or righ-click on the screen with your mouse. BTW, for FSX it's best to turn-off hyperthreading as no perfromance is gained via the virtual cores. Cheers, - jahman.

OK, that would seem to rule out a problem with the two add-on sceneries you mention. Something else you can try is to reduce your LOD radius so less scenery is loaded into memory. The UIAutomationCore.dll bug causes CTDs after twenty or so times you use the menu bar at the top or righ-click on the screen with your mouse. BTW, for FSX it's best to turn-off hyperthreading as no perfromance is gained via the virtual cores. Cheers, - jahman.
Thanks a lotcould you suggest me a LOD radius value or suggest me posts where to have more infos?UIA.. infact i didn't ever suffered of it but lots of people suggest ntdll.dll crash is due to UAI... perhaps in some cases it does on others configuration.Hyper, I'll turn off it. I heard and read something about that. Regards,Francesco

Francesco Gatta

Royaldutchvirtual.com

Guest jahman

Yes, UIA needs to be turned off or some add-ons might not install properly.Try a LOD radious of 4.5 and see if you get CTDs. If you don't, then increase to 5.5. Cheers, - jahman.

Hi, I found the cause of my CTD's, was a scenery area. I spent a lot of time but I found it starting from a new FSX.CFG Thankyou very muche 4 your support. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Cheers,Francesco

Francesco Gatta

Royaldutchvirtual.com

Guest jahman

Good to hear, Francesco! Cheers, - jahman.

Thread resurrection I know, but it relates and I can't see starting a new thread as I want all info in one common thread.I'm getting the same error. I can't finish a flight without it. Since stability has been lost, I've installed MyTraffic X, FSDT FLL/LAS/DFW, Aerosoft's PANC, and finally AES.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Guest firehawk44
Thread resurrection I know, but it relates and I can't see starting a new thread as I want all info in one common thread.
Hopefully one of our solutions above will work for you too! NTDL is a system dll related to memory management to look in that direction.Best regards,Jim

Hopefully one of our solutions above will work for you too! NTDL is a system dll related to memory management to look in that direction.Best regards,Jim
Thanks Jim. So far I've rebuilt the fsx.cfg. After rebuilding, I had to re-enter My Traffic X into the cfg. After doing this, I've been able to complete one 3 hour flight in the A2A 337. I'm hopeful, but I'm not seeing how this alone would solve the issue.Frankly I've been attributing it to an instability caused by my overclock or a scenery. I'll be testing those theories next if I get another ntdll.dll fault.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Guest firehawk44
So far I've rebuilt the fsx.cfg. After rebuilding, I had to re-enter My Traffic X into the cfg.
I hope it works. Rebuilding your fsx.cfg is one of the first things you should do if you ever have a CTD as it's about the same as reinstalling FSX. It possibly removes some bad 'tweaks' and returns your settings to the default. If it works, then I think you might have had too many of your sliders set too high. Good luck!Best regards,Jim

I hope it works. Rebuilding your fsx.cfg is one of the first things you should do if you ever have a CTD as it's about the same as reinstalling FSX. It possibly removes some bad 'tweaks' and returns your settings to the default. If it works, then I think you might have had too many of your sliders set too high. Good luck!Best regards,Jim
Thanks again, Jim. Just for the record, the .cfg rebuild has worked so far.For the newbies reading this from a Google search:
  • Location - %AppData%MicrosoftFSXfsx.cfg
  • Delete fsx.cfg.
  • Start FSX.
  • Close FSX, reapply tweaks.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Also, be sure to clear shader cache.Another thing to check to be sure that this isn't the cause is to delete you logbook.BIN file in your "yournamedocumentsflight simulator x fileslogbook.BIN"