Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Opencockpit MCP with PMDX 737NGX READY

Frank (and others) A shot in the dark maybe but try putting the ssi in the same directory and call it byCONFIG_FILE=.NGXMCP_PP_2.02.ssi (or whatever the right name is here) I noticed in my process that the same file without the complete worked whereas it didn't work while quoting the complete path (it is a long shot but easy to try so give it a shot)

Good morning FredDid you see my past later on in the evening that I posted. Just a few faults but maybe you can help with this.Thx Ian

Edited by ICMC

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Ian,Noticed your post.Strange indeed as this is something that is handled by the LUA file.Probably a call would indeed be best as we can trace the switch from sioc to fsuipc now.When would a convient time be for you? I am available all day

Hi FredThx for that. Need to check what the intentions are today. Maybe I get away with it doing it nowwill contact you via Skype if OK. Other then that it would need to be early evening today.Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Hi Fred.If you come back to this thread, I will be available for a skype call any time today. I have sent you a request for skype contact. My skype name is gary.bussGary

Roar,Checked with Ian and found we had to reload the script after fsx had started.I just tested loading the sioc after startup of fsx had completed and than it worked fine.Also found with Ian that cws B did not operate.Also had a skype call with gary (mind you i am no expert but still able to help).Gary needs to upgrade to latest sioc to be able to run sioc monitor to investigate furtherAgain thanks for your ssi.

Frank (and others)A shot in the dark maybe but try putting the ssi in the same directory and call it byCONFIG_FILE=.NGXMCP_PP_2.02.ssi (or whatever the right name is here)I noticed in my process that the same file without the complete worked whereas it didn't work while quoting the complete path (it is a long shot but easy to try so give it a shot)
Hi Killerbee, I tried that too, but no luck.thanks anywayFranck

HI,Opencockpit MCP script for PMDG 737 NGX is now updated.What is fixed?1. VORLOC Led on OP MCP didn't light up when selected.2. VERT SPEED selector on OP MCP gave DN instead of UP changes to NGX3. CWSB didn't functionAll issues have been solved in the LUA file.A new LUA file can be downloaded here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0yCO5zfcmmENzI4YTYyMTItMTNkZi00MzAzLTliNmMtNjU5MmRiNmQ1NzliGo to the right on the Google doc page and download the updated LUA!!The version number is the same so you don't need to do anything else than replace the old LUA file with this one in FSXModules folder.A new updated version of Opencockpit EFIS script ( both ssi and LUA file) will be release in a day or 2.Happy autopiloting!

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

All,On behalf of gary please help.I have tried to figure out the problem with Gary's config but was not able to fix it.Here is what we have foundSIOC is working fine. The NGXMPC_PP_2.02.ssi loads correctly in sioc 4.01 and sioc monitor shows all switches and dials operating properlyI have sent my (working) NGXMCP_202.lua but no luck. The following was found in the NGXMXP_202 LUA log in the modules folder********* LUA: "NGXMCP_202" Log [from FSUIPC version 4.57] ********* 95067 System time = 29/01/2012 20:54:41, Simulator time = 20:36:35 (20:36Z) 95067 LUA: beginning "C:FSXModulesNGXMCP_202.lua" 95894 *** LUA Error: C:FSXModulesNGXMCP_202.lua:675: attempt to call field 'timer' (a nil value) 95894 LUA: ended "C:FSXModulesNGXMCP_202.lua" 95894 System time = 29/01/2012 20:54:42, Simulator time = 20:36:36 (20:36Z)********* LUA execution terminated: Log Closed *********Maybe Roar has an idea what this means? I am lostThe only difference i found between gary's and my own config is that he is running vista 64 bit and i am running win7 64 bit.The error shown above happend with the LUA file i have sent him and that is working flawlessly on my side (the one without the latest three fixes btw)

Edited by killerbee1958

All,On behalf of gary please help.I have tried to figure out the problem with Gary's config but was not able to fix it.Here is what we have foundSIOC is working fine. The NGXMPC_PP_2.02.ssi loads correctly in sioc 4.01 and sioc monitor shows all switches and dials operating properlyI have sent my (working) NGXMCP_202.lua but no luck. The following was found in the NGXMXP_202 LUA log in the modules folder********* LUA: "NGXMCP_202" Log [from FSUIPC version 4.57] ********* 95067 System time = 29/01/2012 20:54:41, Simulator time = 20:36:35 (20:36Z) 95067 LUA: beginning "C:FSXModulesNGXMCP_202.lua" 95894 *** LUA Error: C:FSXModulesNGXMCP_202.lua:675: attempt to call field 'timer' (a nil value) 95894 LUA: ended "C:FSXModulesNGXMCP_202.lua" 95894 System time = 29/01/2012 20:54:42, Simulator time = 20:36:36 (20:36Z)********* LUA execution terminated: Log Closed *********Maybe Roar has an idea what this means? I am lostThe only difference i found between gary's and my own config is that he is running vista 64 bit and i am running win7 64 bit.The error shown above happend with the LUA file i have sent him and that is working flawlessly on my side (the one without the latest three fixes btw)
Therre seems to be some problems with the timer codeThis is the last line of the lua file.It should be like this. Check.Try with 1000 instead of 100 or some other values.--***************************************************************************************-- ** Timer for MCP diplays and LED update--***************************************************************************************event.timer(100, "run_update")rgs

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

Therre seems to be some problems with thetimer codeThis is the last line of the lua file.It should be like this. Check.Try with 1000 instead of 100 or some other values.--***************************************************************************************-- ** Timer for MCP diplays and LED update--***************************************************************************************event.timer(100, "run_update")rgs
Just so aomething now.He has an old version of FSUIPC4, vers 4.57.Download the newest FSUIPC4 from here:http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/Install_FSUIPC4758.ziprgs

Hi Roar.Firstly, I changed the value from 100 to 1000 in the last line of the lua file but still with no joy.Secondly, I have downloaded the latest version of FSUIPC 4.758 and started up FSX but the MPC still does not spring into life.My VHF, NAV and TCAS work in NGX with the old and existing scripts apart from the selector knob on the TCAS so I know that there is communication between SIOC and FSX. I know that Vista is not the ideal platform for FSX but at the time of purchasing the computer, Vista was the latest system at the time.Gary

Hi Roar.Firstly, I changed the value from 100 to 1000 in the last line of the lua file but still with no joy.Secondly, I have downloaded the latest version of FSUIPC 4.758 and started up FSX but the MPC still does not spring into life.My VHF, NAV and TCAS work in NGX with the old and existing scripts apart from the selector knob on the TCAS so I know that there is communication between SIOC and FSX. I know that Vista is not the ideal platform for FSX but at the time of purchasing the computer, Vista was the latest system at the time.Gary
Could you PM me your FSUIPC4.ini filergs

Hi Roar.Fred will be getting back to you with a further update as we have just finished speaking. He sent me his FSUIPC.ini file and we tried that but still no good. I will send you my original ,ini file by PM in any case.Gary

Oke just the last update for today.As Ian mentioned it still isn't working but the LUA log now does not show the error message anymore. See below******** LUA: "NGXMCP_202" Log [from FSUIPC version 4.758] ********* 80684 System time = 29/01/2012 22:01:31, Simulator time = 11:44:49 (11:44Z) 80684 LUA: beginning "C:FSXModulesNGXMCP_202.lua" 770084 LUA: ended "C:FSXModulesNGXMCP_202.lua" 770084 System time = 29/01/2012 22:13:00, Simulator time = 11:44:53 (11:44Z)********* LUA execution terminated: Log Closed ****************** LUA: "NGXMCP_202" Log [from FSUIPC version 4.758] ********* 109934 System time = 29/01/2012 22:20:50, Simulator time = 11:44:49 (11:44Z) 109934 LUA: beginning "C:FSXModulesNGXMCP_202.lua"Just to be sure we rebooted the OS to have a complete clean retry. However everything looks fine in SIOC.We even tried with mine working FSUIPC4.ini but same keeps happening. No numbers on mcp and no switches operatingFSUIPC4 console log (keys and buttons and lua programming ticked on the logging page) does show the KEYUP and KEYDOWN presses but if any switch or dial is operated on the mcp there are no FS control sent messages in the fsuipc console log.Any hints?