Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Opencockpit MCP with PMDX 737NGX READY

Hi ValkyPlease show us a screen shot of your version of this window.We can start troubleshooting there.msg-179016-0-29036800-1318201007_thumb.jpg.

Hey. Not if you see the catch here.http://www.photoshop.com/users/alz383/assets/81b22f0a16bb4688a63adcee6a79b74e

helloIf I start the "sioc.ini" the MCP acts directly on the PMDG plane, but the numbers are display all zeros.If I boot the "ssetup.exe" and select "fsimulator x using FSUIPC" in this case everything works the "MCP" but does not act on the PMDG. In this case not start the "sioc.ini" CONFIG_FILE=C:Program Files (x86)IOCardsSIOCNGXMCP_PP_2.02.ssistart CONFIG_FILE=C: Program Files (x86) IOCards SIOC ssetup.ssi.please help thanks

Valky21First: do not use ssetup.You should follow the following steps.1. Start FSx2. Load NGX (start it with engines running just to be sure you have power to ngx all oke)3. Start siocSave the sioc window and if you are not able to upload it here then sent it by PM to crankpin and me (We need to see it to help us understand where to direct you to next)Just a question based on your report hereYou say you have the MCP ligth up but numbers are all zero's?Did you try to operate some switches on the MCP and if so what was the result on the NGx?For instance: are you able to operate the FS captain and FO switch and does this result in a correspinding setting of this switch on the virtual mcp of the ngx?Does turning the dials for speed and/or altitude have any effect?

Hello and thanks for answering.The switches do work if they also dials move is seen as moving the numbers in the "PMDG"But not in the "MCP"The image of sioc.ini this on this link http://www.photoshop...63adcee6a79b74e and paste is not here. If such assets "V / S" in the MCP, in the NGX is the green light but in the MCP not. the switch and activates the display "vert. Speed" and if you move the wheel change the values ​​in the NGX.but in the MCP can not see anything, only displais "course" "ias / mach" "heading" "altitude" and "course f/o " on but zero and do not moveIf I activate the "cmd a" light is on in NGX but the "MCP" noMy English is very poor sorry

Oke from your input i understand that the corresponding indications in the NGX work but the hardware MCP is not showing the proper indications.So first thing to check now is whether your MCP has a problem by using the sioc monitor from the sioc window.This is what to do.Restart your PCstart SIOC.On the sioc window push the button SIOC monitorAnother window comes up where you should be able to select the MCPDoubleclick on the MCP lineAnother window comes up with on top the number for the MCP Switches and dials and on the bottom the number for the MCP lightyou should test the following1. Push switches and turn dials and notice that the corresponding number in the top window also respond.2. Push numbers in the bottom window and check to see that the corresponding light on the MCP comes onPlease post your results here

Hey. thanks for answering.I did the tests indicate.Restart your PCstart SIOC.On the sioc window push the button SIOC monitorAnother window comes up where you should be able to select the MCPDoubleclick on the MCP lineAnother window comes up with on top the number for the MCP Switches and dials and on the bottom the number for the MCP lightyou should test the following1. Push switches and turn dials and notice that the corresponding number in the top window also respond.2. Push numbers in the bottom window and check to see that the corresponding light on the MCP comes onEverything went fine, but displays the zeros do not move.This is a snapshot of the three screens.http://www.photoshop.com/users/alz383/albums/3a2a887c999a4ffbb2ab0e59fcb2478ethanks for helping

valky21no problem. glad to helpWhat happens if you press the "all on" button in the sioc monitor? (your dials should light up with all 8's) I also notice you are still on fsuipc 4.7.COuld you please upgrade to fsuipc 4.840 to make sure we are working with the latest fsuipc?After upgrading please test your OC MCP again with NGXCan you also please tell us which OC MCP you are using exactly??? (link to the Open cockpit site would be appreciated)

ValkyOke so you have the exact same MCP as i have so that one we should be able to get to work.From the pictures i can see you also were able to have all 8's when pushing all on. Can you please confirm? (the picture is a bit unsharp)Also your sioc window looks good so it seems we can safely assume the problem is not with sioc.So off we go to the more difficult part. The fsuipc with lua part.For your information i have it working with fsuipc 4.754. But as a normal debugging approach one should always start with the latest version.Please explain why you can't upgrade to 4.840? One more thing to check here. Please confirm in fsx on the fsuipc add on window that you have a registered version of fsuipc

Hey thanks again.The "FSUIPC 4.8" is registered as see in the capture. http://www.photoshop...8e?wf=slideshowI confirm that in the digits is 8.as you will see in the pictures the "MCP" has zeros and even move the reels do not move, but if the NGX.For example if I click the button "HDG SEL" in the "MCP" does not light but if the NGX.THE "MCP" I never worked if I boot directly sioc.exe.Example to start the "ifly737" ssetup.exe first selected. fsimulator+ifly IOCP_ifly after the IOCP_IF737.exe. So if it works.To work with the "leved767" run "lekseecon.exe" This starts the sioc.exe and it works. But if I boot directly sioc.exe notSorry for the inconveniencethanks

Hi,In the FSUIPC4.ini change [Auto]1 = lua NGXMCP_202to[Auto]1=lua NGXMCP_202If not workingYou should download the latest files file from avsim library. Search for "opencockpit". The latest file is dated 6 March 2012 and have an updated installation guide. Follow that and you should be up and flying.rgs

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Hi all,I contacted Opencockpits yesterday to enquire whether they would be updating their scripts now that the NGX SDK had been released so we can use all the other hardware that we may have - (NAV, VHF and CDU etc). I received this reply this morning.'Hello, Yes we are working on it, when the new scripts will be running we will send a news mail for all Opencockpits users.Thanks,'Alejandro.Your Opencockpits Support Team. So, it looks promising and will save Roar a lot of hard work too.Just for your info.

thanks for the info gary.Indeed will be a relief. (especally to roar :( )ValkyDid you notice the remark by roar about your [Auto] section?I had this with one of the guys before and indeed the blanks should not be there.Indeed the fsuipc seems registredDon't compare the ifly method of using the mcp with the ngx method. Indeed IFly uses iocp but NGX uses lua.This makes a lot of difference and this is why you need to start sioc.This will make sure you connect through fsuipc instead of iocp.Lvld767 uses yet another method of interacting with the mcp.All this is quite confusing and error prone but until OC delivers their scripts we need to work with the scripts from roar. Which to be honest are working like a charm once you got it to work