Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sumits81

Need help deciding

Hi guys, I'm torn between GTX560Ti and GTX570. I need to upgrade to be able to play BF3 and can't decide between the two. The only game I play is BFBC2 and BF3 besides simming and wondered which card to get. I'm looking to future-proof my system. I can spend the dosh on GTX570 but have read reports where they suggest overclocking the 560Ti can match GTX570's performance. I couldn't live with myself if I spent 280quid on the GTX570 knowing that I could have saved a 100quid by going for the GTX560Ti.. Any suggestions would be valuable. Thanks a ton!

Hi guys, I'm torn between GTX560Ti and GTX570. I need to upgrade to be able to play BF3 and can't decide between the two. The only game I play is BFBC2 and BF3 besides simming and wondered which card to get. I'm looking to future-proof my system. I can spend the dosh on GTX570 but have read reports where they suggest overclocking the 560Ti can match GTX570's performance. I couldn't live with myself if I spent 280quid on the GTX570 knowing that I could have saved a 100quid by going for the GTX560Ti.. Any suggestions would be valuable. Thanks a ton!
Since you like gaming too, I'd go with the 570. For value the 560Ti can't be beaten, but the 570 will give better performance either way.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Also looking for a new GPU. If I had the money I would get the EVGA GTX580 right away, but unfortunately I don't. I did not hear that many great things about the GTX570. I heard that it gets hot really easily, and burns also. The GTX560ti is the best value for the price though. I would get the GTX560ti if you want to decide between those two. A good one is the MSI GTX560ti Hawk.

Arjen Vandervelde

Also looking for a new GPU. If I had the money I would get the EVGA GTX580 right away, but unfortunately I don't. I did not hear that many great things about the GTX570. I heard that it gets hot really easily, and burns also. The GTX560ti is the best value for the price though. I would get the GTX560ti if you want to decide between those two. A good one is the MSI GTX560ti Hawk.
Mine are evga, never any issues (yet) with heat, whether using single-card or sli.

Kenneth Weir

My Saitek yoke mod

i7 2600k @ 4.7

8GB Gskill CAS7

2x GTX580 SLI Surround + GT520 Accessory

Win7x64

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,670.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now