Sign in to follow this  
ran056

how to assign joystick buttons to the NGX

Hi all,I've seen earlier a post about guys here assign buttons to the NGX, like cut offs, lights etc.Can't find that post, but I don't recall this option in the NGX. I would love to assign my CH yoke buttons to some of the buttons in the NGX. Thanks,Ran.

If you have fsuipc you can use it to map each button to a keystroke, then assign that key to whichever function you want in the cdu.

I wanted to integrated the IRS controls to goflight rotaries but did not see key strokes commands in the cdu. Is there another way other than mouse marcros?

You might check the Linda forum then. They have some pretty good stuff going on.

So the only way is full fsuipc. Thanks,
There may be other ways, but fsuipc is the only one that comes to mind.

shame that we can use custome key with direct assigment to joy buttons.Thanks for the tip on the joytokey, will check it.

Ran You can assign keystroke commands to your CH Yoke buttons using CH Manager - the applet provided by CH Products. You may want to download the latest version. I have several CH controllers and use various keyboard macros via CH Manager. I have also gone into FSX 'Controls' and deleted most of the default key commands - ones that I don't use - so that they are available for my use (to avoid conflicts). I have various 'profiles' created in CH Manager for my different addons. It's actually a fairly powerful utility. Good luck.

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

i7-2600K@4.8||Gigabyte P67A-UD7||8 Gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600||Gigabyte GTX580 x 2||Noctua NH-D14||Crucial SATAIII 256Gb x 2||CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W||Coolermaster RC-942 HAF X||Dell U3011 30"|Multiple Monitors w/TH2goD-DH2goD-Touchscreens||Win7 64 Pro||FSX Gold

Hi, Just reading the comments on CH Manager, I have tried it briefly with the NGX but it knocked out my EZcam settings, Has any one used CH manager or for that matter joytokey to map their yoke buttons and still had EZcam working? Phil

I use the CH yoke, throttle, and peddles and most are assignable right in FSX under the 'Controls' options, never have used either the CH manager or FSUIPC for assignments

Jay

Hi, Just reading the comments on CH Manager, I have tried it briefly with the NGX but it knocked out my EZcam settings, Has any one used CH manager or for that matter joytokey to map their yoke buttons and still had EZcam working? Phil
Hi Phil Not sure why you encountered the behavior you cited regarding EZdok and CH Manager, but I can confirm I am using both together without issues. I have various EZdok 'cameras' assigned to two of my CH Controllers. I will say it took some time for me to get the hang of both EZdok and CH Manager.

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

i7-2600K@4.8||Gigabyte P67A-UD7||8 Gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600||Gigabyte GTX580 x 2||Noctua NH-D14||Crucial SATAIII 256Gb x 2||CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W||Coolermaster RC-942 HAF X||Dell U3011 30"|Multiple Monitors w/TH2goD-DH2goD-Touchscreens||Win7 64 Pro||FSX Gold

Hi Gumps, Like I said I tried it briefly it was set to the default FSX controls, after studying it a bit more closely I think if I had reassigned my yoke buttons and and cleared the assignments for button 10 and the hat switch which are used to change views in EZdok it will probably have worked for me. I need to go back into it for a closer look. Do you use the hat switch for your 4 main views?Phil

Hi Gumps, Like I said I tried it briefly it was set to the default FSX controls, after studying it a bit more closely I think if I had reassigned my yoke buttons and and cleared the assignments for button 10 and the hat switch which are used to change views in EZdok it will probably have worked for me. I need to go back into it for a closer look. Do you use the hat switch for your 4 main views?Phil
Hi Phil I have four CH controllers hooked up - FlightStick, Pro Throttle & Pedals, and Throttle Quadrant. I have most of the viewing controls setup on the FlightStick - the hat switch and others. There's a singular red button on top that I use for my main panel view, since it's easy to remember when I just want to see the centered view. I also have some viewing controls on the Pro Throttle, which isn't used (on this aircraft) as a throttle at all - I just use the buttons. I can reach over and grasp the throttle and find the buttons I need without having to look. These are functions I don't need access to regularly, but more occasionally...like some of the EZdok outside view cameras. I also use a Logitech G700 gaming mouse. Since I fly the NGX in VC, I have to use the mouse a lot more than I used to. (I have multiple monitors and touchscreens for other aircraft.) I fly right handed, with the stick, and I use the mouse with my right hand. By programming the main EZdok viewing commands on the gaming mouse, I can 'move' around the main views - Main Panel/Overhead/Control Stand - without taking my hand off the mouse. I've also assigned the TrackIR Center and On/Off controls on the mouse, which aids in manipulating the aircraft. Overall, I find operating the aircraft cumbersome in VC (versus 2D panels and touchscreens), but with the combination of EZdok, TIR, and my CH controllers has surely helped greatly. I still do use touchscreens for the CDU's and MCP. Rambling a bit here, but perhaps it is of interest to someone else.

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

Hi Noel, Quite an impressive setup you have there my friend, Im amazed you can remember what controls what!! LoL. I'll have to revisit the CH Manager and give it a proper shot. I have button 10 set in combination with my hat switch on my CH yoke to change views to the 4 main views, pilots eye, overhead, autopilot panel and radio panel. I then can use the hat switch to look around in any of those views. If I disable button 10 and the hat switch in the CHM assignments do you think they will be available to EZdok? That is all I have done using the FSX controls menu. Phil

If I disable button 10 and the hat switch in the CHM assignments do you think they will be available to EZdok? That is all I have done using the FSX controls menu.
Hi Phil I unchecked the "Use as POV" in CH Manager for my hatswitch. Instead, for each of the four directions (there are actually eight), I assigned Direct X 'controls'. For example, Up = DirectX Device 1, DirectX Control 1, Right = DirectX Device 1, Direct Control 2, and so on. It makes a lot more sense when looking at Control Manager. In EZdok, I select the particular camera view I'm interested in, and then assign the CH controller button, or in this case, POV button. I don't use a POV hat at all in FSX to look around, since I have TIR and also use the mouse for outside views with EZdok. If you don't already have it, there's a guide you can download here. It's from the CH website, and it's one of those 'dummies' guides. No insult intended, heck, it's more advanced in places than I need. I don't do fancy scripting with CH Manager, I just have various profiles setup with desired key commands. Once setup, you start CH Manager before a flight, download the profile into the controllers, and close CH Manager.

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------