Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bman2006

General Questions & Check Throttle Position

Afternoon all- Question 1) I am having a discussion with a fellow pilot about the "correct" location for engine start. As the J41 manual states " The proper ground start position for the power levers is found by moving the levers rearward until the green reverse captions illuminate, and then moving them forward to the point where the reverse captions extinguish". However, if I go precisely that, I get "Check throttle position". If I move my power levers to detent position on my Saitek, that's the correct position for FS2Crew - which is just about the same location as where the reverse lights kick off. So, the question is, which is the true correct position? Is this a function of the Saitek lever detent not being in the precise location as the true ground start position of the JS41? Question 2) Preflight brief - I always get "Are you sure about that ?!?" - does this mean that I have missed something or is that just the default call for this checklist item? I get this for Preflight Brief and Clearance Brief... It should be noted that this is starting the FS2Crew without the preflight stuff (starting at Turn Check). Maybe that's why the FO questions. Question 3) Trims = Green and "32" .... what is the 32? The AOM for the JS41 is incorrectly written I believe. It has the same comments as the flaps. Thanks guys - Benjamin.

Benjamin Van Eps

Hi Ben, 1. Without being able to physically see the position of your joystick throttle it's hard to say. FS2Crew uses the parameters used internally by the J41 to see if the throttle (as sensed by flightsim) is in the correct position, so for the purposes of the sim assume FS2Crew is correct. 2. Briefing: Be sure to check the manual with respect to briefings... you must open and close the briefs using the appropriate phraseology listed in the manual. I suspect you're not closing the brief by saying "any questions?" 3. Trim... can you send me a page reference. 3.2 may be 3 point 2 units.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,985.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now