Sign in to follow this  
Valbiran

nav display

anybody know why I get a blue radial line sweeping up to +30 degs and -30 degs either side of the route to the next waypoint? this line appears then disappears as the flight progresses, there is no effect on the flight path. any comments welcome brian s

What about a screenie of it and the Captain side of VC/ Leffe

Does it happen while you are climbing? If so then that line is the predicted point that you will reach the altitude on your MCP ALT bug. It is giving you a rough approximation (that is independent of the T/C point) of where you will get to the altitude you have set on your altitude bug. It only factors in current V/S, and is not as accurate as the T/C point.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Plus he said it swept... in case he didn't mean the line "extended" from -30 to +30 degs, which obviously would be something different. sig.gif

Did you select the "POS" on the display control panel? If so you you are seeing your bearing from a tuned NDB.

Thanks to all you guys for your help. I think the answer is the ADF sweep. I reproduced the flight and although the ADF was not "on" I entered a valid ADF freq. and the sweep began. The blue radial line extends from the origin (aircraft posn.) right up to the max range arc. and the line sweeps to the right and left of the route line up to 30degs max. Thanks again for your comments and for improving my learning curve. Happy flying. Brian s