Sign in to follow this  
poplar

Microsoft Flight - The Living World....

Dead grey world: EUT3H.jpg The car park is empty, there are no vehicles on the roads and of course there are no people. I don't wish this thread to explode into a debate about Flight turning into a world simulator, for performance reasons this can't happen. But since the latest news update hints at a mission carrying passengers do we think the car lots and passenger terminals at these newly designed beautiful airports will fill up even more so than FSX?. Assuming Flight software is being designed for the wonders of multiple cores I wonder if we shall finally see passengers boarding the plane in this release now that CPU loads can handle it? We should at least assume that Microsoft will throw all the 'living world' species, boats and traffic from FSX back into Flight right?

Dead grey world: EUT3H.jpg The car park is empty, there are no vehicles on the roads and of course there are no people. I don't wish this thread to explode into a debate about Flight turning into a world simulator, for performance reasons this can't happen. But since the latest news update hints at a mission carrying passengers do we think the car lots and passenger terminals at these newly designed beautiful airports will fill up even more so than FSX?. Assuming Flight software is being designed for the wonders of multiple cores I wonder if we shall finally see passengers boarding the plane in this release now that CPU loads can handle it? We should assume that Microsoft will throw all the 'living world' species, boats and traffic from FSX back into Flight right?
this doesn't mean will be empty, I think MS kept the best things for later...

"Best things for later" - I am sure you are right particularly at this early stage. Now that we have perfectly designed air conditioning systems on the roofs of the airports I wonder if we'll have this attention to detail in the birds, vehicles and passengers.

Well, in my opinion I think we can say goodbye at the 2D panels (looks very old) and welcome to a full virtual cockpit. The next thing probably we will see are people boarding the planes (I hope so)

Well, in my opinion I think we can say goodbye at the 2D panels (looks very old) and welcome to a full virtual cockpit. The next thing probably we will see are people boarding the planes (I hope so)
Yes I hope so too

"Flight is still in early development stage, give them some time"
hhmmm.... is probably what MS want we think or not? Like the leaked battleship screenshot, it was online some months ago... so those should be screenshots of some months ago, no? again guessing and speculating :(

Indeed it does look a little apocalyptic. I'm sure they will reintroduce road traffic later in development.

Well I think the above photo looks superb. Far better and more realistic than FSX (see Brandon's comparison shots) and immeasurably better than FS9, which for my sins, I am still using. A significant and good step in the right direction. Personally, I can't see what the fuss is about.

Well I think the above photo looks superb. Far better and more realistic than FSX (see Brandon's comparison shots) and immeasurably better than FS9, which for my sins, I am still using. A significant and good step in the right direction. Personally, I can't see what the fuss is about.
I agree, it looks absolutely superb. For me this screenshot has been the most impressive, I literally said WOW when it appeared on my screen for the first time. Its going to be very interesting to see if scenes like these will flourish with living world objects and at what level they'll push the boundaries / draw a line. For example we now have swaying trees and I guess the swaying trees silhouettes will move on the side of the battleship screenshot much like the real-time shadowing in the cockpit. I am so excited for this release, the detail is incredible.

Reminds me of the show from the 'History' channel
Indeed laugh.png I had similar thoughts. No argument here, the detail, lighting and scale is simply incredible. It's interesting that there are no static cars in the car park though, possibly they haven't finished modeling ground vehicles or better yet maybe all traffic is going to be dynamic happy.png

I agree, it looks absolutely superb. For me this screenshot has been the most impressive, I literally said WOW when it appeared on my screen for the first time. Its going to be very interesting to see if scenes like these will flourish with living world objects and at what level they'll push the boundaries / draw a line. For example we now have swaying trees and I guess the swaying trees silhouettes will move on the side of the battleship screenshot much like the real-time shadowing in the cockpit. I am so excited for this release, the detail is incredible.
I can see where you are coming from regarding the 'greyness' of the photo. From that perspective, the enviroment looks more like England on a dank, drizzley, morning. If you look at the mountains in the distance there is a lot low lying cloud which may depict the enviroment as being quite as misty. Certainly not the exotic, tropical Island I remember from watching Hawaii 5 '0' in my younger days. Anyway, at this rate when I buy Flight I have a hunch that I will be getting to know Hawaii quite intimately.

Just wait and see, it will be as real as it can get, you all will be surprised, now get a load of this.....(from one of my sources) ...3rd party developers are seeking public comment on issues affecting airline passengers — peanuts... “We haven’t said we won’t do anything,” said 3RD party developer spokesperson "blank blank" to MS. “We haven’t ruled anything in or out. So we still do want to hear public comments about peanuts. We plan to read and review them all.” 3RD party developers issued a notice to MS saying it is simply gauging public opinion on ways to handle in-flight peanuts.

Just wait and see, it will be as real as it can get, you all will be surprised, now get a load of this.....(from one of my sources) ...3rd party developers are seeking public comment on issues affecting airline passengers — peanuts... “We haven’t said we won’t do anything,” said 3RD party developer spokesperson "blank blank" to MS. “We haven’t ruled anything in or out. So we still do want to hear public comments about peanuts. We plan to read and review them all.” 3RD party developers issued a notice to MS saying it is simply gauging public opinion on ways to handle in-flight peanuts.
Erm....ok. Interesting sense of humour there.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.