Sign in to follow this  
AST117

What Flight Control ? :)

Hiya Guys,I'm just trying gauge some info or feedback on people's choice of flight control systems, especially with regards to a glass cockpit / multi monitor systems. Im basically trying to put together a plan for a new cockpit build but debating what to get...either the saitek x52 or a Flight yoke setup. I know the flight yoke is more realistic with regards to functionality and looks Hypnotized.gif : so there it is.. Derick

I went for Function/Looks. I really like my Saitek Yoke/throttle quadrant with Its many programmable buttons (~42), and it just feels right. Rudder pedals are a must have, for taxi and runway alignment, and turn coordination on lighter aircraft.I primarily fly one aircraft, B738, originally the default, and now the NGX. If you fly acrobat, fighter, or helicopter, you might consider a joystick. I have an old Logitech Wingman that I break out now and again.NOTE: I am not a real world pilot, just a simmer, so I doubt the touch and feel of the controls are actually not all that realistic. But the price point was much better for the sim versions I own.

Hi, thanks for that...Is that a picie of your setup (In signature)? Regards

That's it! But that pic is flying into PHNL in the FSX default 737. I don't have any of the NGX yet.The paint is the NGX I painted up for my imaginary airline, Rocky Mountain Air.

Hi Derick! Like many simmers who have to use their simming area for other purposes <sigh> as well, I got into the habit of mostly leaving my yoke in the cupboard and settling for the smaller footprint of my X52 Pro stick and throttle. But when I acquired VRinsight's TT panel and MCP combo, the bulk of a yoke was out of the question anyway (unless I can figure out a way to hang it underneath the desktop. Hmm, I wonder.....).. captmcptiny.jpg But ideally, of course, a dedicated 'pit would be the real answer — in an ideal world I would prefer to use a yoke. rolleyes.gif As far as multimonitors and glass cockpits are concerned, my 'pit seems fine for me (specs in my sig), thanks to the combination of EZCA and TrackIR. Cheers, Brian P.S. I see we have similar tastes in avatars — nice one! happy.png

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Brian,I can't really tell from the picture but are you running that in windowed mode? Did you just stretch it across? I have x2 21.5 monitors, and want to do what you got, but have been unable with fullscreen.Please drop me a pm, or whatever with how you set that up buddy if you can....it looks great. Thanks.!!!

Hi Brian,Great setup. I used to run a 3 monitor setup back in the times of the Nvidea Pheralia card and with it's one 3 monitor adapter. Nowadays I have an Nvidea 260 which has 2 div outputs, and like William would love to get it going over a couple of monitors. Same question..Is it a stretched immage? Derick

Hi Brian,Great setup. I used to run a 3 monitor setup back in the times of the Nvidea Pheralia card and with it's one 3 monitor adapter. Nowadays I have an Nvidea 260 which has 2 div outputs, and like William would love to get it going over a couple of monitors. Same question..Is it a stretched immage? Derick
+1

My POD cockpit setup is working out nicely for the NGX. It involves a Saitek yoke, pedals, and a pair of throttle quads, along with several GoFlight modules. Here's a vid I made of it back last year when I was finalizing the setup:

Brian, Do you have the Aerosoft MCP working? If so would you be willing to share how you managed it. I have one that is just sitting here gathering dust. (grin) Tom Hibben