Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

pmdg 747 review

This is the PMDG 747 fourm, so we are probably a little biased. It is the best 747 on the market in my opinion, and even though it is five or six years old now, it is still one of the top 10 airliner simulations you can get for FSX. You could argue that it is in the top 5.

hey, i know your biased, i want to compare it to the level d and what do you think is the best 5 payware planes at the moment?

5 Best *Heavy Metal* in My Honest Opinion PMDG 737NGXPMDG 747-400Level-D 767PMDG MD-11Either CS 757 or QW 757 (That one is debatable in my opinion)

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I would order them asPMDG 737PMDG MD-11PMDG 747Aerosoft a320 (purely for looks)Level D 767 for me, immersion is as important as systems and 2D just doesn't do it any more, so while the 767 run rings around the a320 from the systems point of view, it sucks in VC. The a320 runs rings around the 747 from the visuals, but the 747 has 'acceptable' ish visuals in the VC but it has systems that do what they are suposed to. Having said that, since getting the 737, I have only tried one flight in any of the others (it happened to be the 747) and it just didn't cut it.

Maybe little biased, but in my opinion:PMDG 747PMDG 747PMDG 747PMDG 747-8iPMDG 747 LOL.gif But one downside. Make sure your computer have enough horsepower so you don't risk low fps.

hahah, thanks for your opinion.i have just notice (a friend of daniel if i can use your help please) a problem when coming to land at EGLL have the airport scenery by aerosoft, the fs quit to the desktop, i didnt close the fs i just needed to come back to the game, by the task manager of the pc, by the way mp pc specs are as follow: intel core i3 2.9ghz nvidia gainward 9500 1024mb 2gb ram,ddr3I got between 10-15 fps, maybe its came out to the desk top because it couldnt handle it? thanks for any help, Michael

hahah, thanks for your opinion.i have just notice (a friend of daniel if i can use your help please) a problem when coming to land at EGLL have the airport scenery by aerosoft, the fs quit to the desktop, i didnt close the fs i just needed to come back to the game, by the task manager of the pc, by the way mp pc specs are as follow: intel core i3 2.9ghz nvidia gainward 9500 1024mb 2gb ram,ddr3I got between 10-15 fps, maybe its came out to the desk top because it couldnt handle it? thanks for any help, Michael
Nope, it's a common issue. I did sort of a workaround that worked for about a week and then stopped working. I eventually turned to the UK2000 scenery, and it's 10000x better and works smoothly with the 744.

David Malinowski

Former avid simmer, current college/uni student

Intel i7-920 2.66GHz

NVIDIA GTX260 SLI

ASUS Rampage II Extreme

12 GB Corsair/OCZ DDR3 2200 RAM

Windows 7 64-Bit SP1

FSX SP2 (w/o Acceleration)

Nope, it's a common issue. I did sort of a workaround that worked for about a week and then stopped working. I eventually turned to the UK2000 scenery, and it's 10000x better and works smoothly with the 744.
Thanks very much, but what do you mean by a common issue that it doesnt metter, where i will fly to it will quit to the desk top and then i will need to comeback?

Um, a CTD means the whole application crashed. You would have to reload from a saved flight. And you said it only occurred at Aerosoft Heathrow...I'm not understanding your question nor your response.

David Malinowski

Intel i7-920 2.66GHz

NVIDIA GTX260 SLI

ASUS Rampage II Extreme

Windows 7 64-Bit SP1

Hey,its never crashes, its just quiting to the desktop and then i need to come back to the game, its continuing though. if i will save a flight it will help?,thanks

In my point,if you want fly long range like Hong kong to KLAX you can choose MD-11(much better than 747x),middle range like KLAX to Hawaii best is NGX ,region area J41 is very nice plane.

hey,i really dont like the md-11 like the 747 though, but its doesnt metter as long as my problem is only on my comuter do you know how can i fix it?

Yeah this isn't really going anywhere.

David Malinowski

Intel i7-920 2.66GHz

NVIDIA GTX260 SLI

ASUS Rampage II Extreme

Windows 7 64-Bit SP1