Sign in to follow this  
rhha

PC Pilot's promise of news of Flight

Hi,I don't want to put any oil in the fire of any MS Flightsim vs. X-plane battle, but I really have to say that all these FLIGHT screenshots also look quite dated in my opinion and are far away from what a modern game designed in the year 2011 should look.From some views it's really hard to tell a difference between FSX, or even FS9 and this FLIGHT screenshots, especially when it comes to clouds. The clouds really look like FS9.Another thing that worries me, is how Flight seems to display the ground textures in the distance. On some screenshots it seems like we can expect the same LOD/blurry fiasco that we have to face for almost a decade now (since the introduction of FS2002). I'm really afraid they are using the same oooold graphics engine again.When you compare the FLIGHT screenshots to the screenshots from, for example, Wings of Prey, Flight in my opinion looks extremely outdated.However, Ithat doesn't mean that I won't buy itWhistle.gif(as well as I will buy X-Plane) .Kind regardsMartin
It always depend on how long they will be welling to work on the engine, implementing it, I know for a fact that they started with the same engine (from the beginning), they can't show us pics of the final product as it is not completed yet so at least we are seeing some progress done, how far will they go is the one million dollar question.Just keep in mind that they have been working on Flight for at least 14 months (more than 14 months from what i know) and they got feedback from some 3RD party dev. from the start about what's not so good with the engine, so will MS be welling to fix it as much as we would like them to, if the answer is yes that will take time, for sure we will not get everything from the get go but we may be getting downloadable patches from time to time, Crysis 2 built on today's standard for a new engine was released with DX9, you should see it now with that enormous patch we got...DX11 ++++ day and night really.About Hawaii been the only scenery, how long do you think it will take just to have Hawaii ready for release with all the resources MS has....14 months ...without a released date...really...naaaaa, they could have done Hawaii way faster, so knowing that Hawaii will not be the only place you will fly over what's a good possibility is us having to buy HD (4096) sceneries we want to fly over like other developers are doing, and from there the market store come in play, who knows you may have to buy the whole province of British Colunbia or the state of Florida if you want to fly over it in HD......you may want to buy an upgrated airport also, lets say Ft-Lauderdale, see we all know that a store will be up and running, so, what should we expect to buy from that store.....For all of this MS need to have all their ducks in a row as far as implementing the engine to take advantage of today's hardware.

It always depend on how long they will be welling to work on the engine, implementing it, I know for a fact that they started with the same engine (from the beginning), they can't show us pics of the final product as it is not completed yet so at least we are seeing some progress done, how far will they go is the one million dollar question.Just keep in mind that they have been working on Flight for at least 14 months (more than 14 months from what i know) and they got feedback from some 3RD party dev. from the start about what's not so good with the engine, so will MS be welling to fix it as much as we would like them to, if the answer is yes that will take time, for sure we will not get everything from the get go but we may be getting downloadable patches from time to time, Crysis 2 built on today's standard for a new engine was released with DX9, you should see it now with that enormous patch we got...DX11 ++++ day and night really.About Hawaii been the only scenery, how long do you think it will take just to have Hawaii ready for release with all the resources MS has....14 months ...without a released date...really...naaaaa, they could have done Hawaii way faster, so knowing that Hawaii will not be the only place you will fly over what's a good possibility is us having to buy HD (4096) sceneries we want to fly over like other developers are doing, and from there the market store come in play, who knows you may have to buy the whole province of British Colunbia or the state of Florida if you want to fly over it in HD......you may want to buy an upgrated airport also, lets say Ft-Lauderdale, see we all know that a store will be up and running, so, what should we expect to buy from that store.....For all of this MS need to have all their ducks in a row as far as implementing the engine to take advantage of today's hardware.
Sorry but my sources tell me that MS sold their duck to the AFLAC Insurance company in the US.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

[/color]Sorry but my sources tell me that MS sold their duck to the AFLAC Insurance company in the US.
Nope! your source is wrong, since we know it's not Hawaii only they are in business with Allstates. Clown.gif

So on a more serious note, has MS said if northwest Florida will be included in the Flight scenery pack?Hypnotized.gifAlso will the Auto tweaking tool work with Flight and the iphone?
No, on release.No.

No, on release.No.
Bummer...looks like I am staying with FS2002 a while longer!! I was hoping this would be the time to upgrade.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Dear God, not another Xplane vs. fsx & flight etc thread! I wish people were more open minded. Writing off a sim that is yet to be finalised, or released, even comparing it to MS Flight which might as well be vapour ware given the lack of real publicity and progress, sheesh.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.