Sign in to follow this  
trsanchez

GTX 580 too weak for Usepools set to 0 ?

BP=0 on my gtx580 since day one, used 7 or so drivers, and been fine!! Nor problems whatsoever.The 2600k's and 2500k's do stutter more than the 920's for me. The older system was smoother, but this can run all add-ons that I need and still be flybale.
Hi, which driver do you use for your GTX 580 exactly? Thanks

I am on the latest ones...all of the drivers have been the same with very subtle differences.

Simon

I am on the latest ones...all of the drivers have been the same with very subtle differences.
Would you be so kind, to show me your fsx config file for comparison? That would be very nice of you. Thanks a lot.un saludo, Tom

Would you be so kind, to show me your fsx config file for comparison? That would be very nice of you. Thanks a lot.un saludo, Tom
I have done a lot of tweaking with my i7 2600 in order to get my favorite plane, the Flight1 Mustang, to fly stutter-free. I am talking about a lot of tweaking.1) I use BP=0. Some say this is wrong, but when I used *******' online tweaker, it said to use BP=0. It works for me.2) I use the nvidia Inspector set at Enhance the application setting with the WQHL 285.27 drivers on an overclocked EVGA 580 running the GPU clock at 854 MHz with the AA setting at Super CVAA 64X 4v12. That's a lot of AA. Again, many say you want to override the application setting and I did for about 15 months until I tried this and...it is very smooth. Not to mention the awesome visuals.3) I get very little flashing or artifacts, maybe a flash every 3 minutes when flying in the vicinity of a high density airport like KSEA, but I can eliminate ALL OF THE FLASHING BY SETTING THE WATER TO 2x HIGH. This causes my frames to drop momentarily around the aforementioned high density airport to maybe 28 fps but this is just for an instant and when that happens the fps will then spike to maybe 48 fps for a fraction of a second which is the only stutter you may notice. It is something that I have to look for but if I'm lining up an approach under ASE I don't have the time to notice and if I'm not at a high density airport it is VERY SMOOTH like yours is.So I run these settings and really enjoy the experience. I use the REX Overdrive clouds and it is so nice. I am posting another response to your question about RAM which I think will improve your experience.KDubOh, I forgot to mention that I do use the antilag frame limiter set to 0 frames rendered ahead and 35 fps...it works for me.KDub

I have done a lot of tweaking with my i7 2600 in order to get my favorite plane, the Flight1 Mustang, to fly stutter-free. I am talking about a lot of tweaking.1) I use BP=0. Some say this is wrong, but when I used *******' online tweaker, it said to use BP=0. It works for me.2) I use the nvidia Inspector set at Enhance the application setting with the WQHL 285.27 drivers on an overclocked EVGA 580 running the GPU clock at 854 MHz with the AA setting at Super CVAA 64X 4v12. That's a lot of AA. Again, many say you want to override the application setting and I did for about 15 months until I tried this and...it is very smooth. Not to mention the awesome visuals.3) I get very little flashing or artifacts, maybe a flash every 3 minutes when flying in the vicinity of a high density airport like KSEA, but I can eliminate ALL OF THE FLASHING BY SETTING THE WATER TO 2x HIGH. This causes my frames to drop momentarily around the aforementioned high density airport to maybe 28 fps but this is just for an instant and when that happens the fps will then spike to maybe 48 fps for a fraction of a second which is the only stutter you may notice. It is something that I have to look for but if I'm lining up an approach under ASE I don't have the time to notice and if I'm not at a high density airport it is VERY SMOOTH like yours is.So I run these settings and really enjoy the experience. I use the REX Overdrive clouds and it is so nice. I am posting another response to your question about RAM which I think will improve your experience.KDubHi, so could you please sen me your cfg file for comparison? Is your graphics card watercooled? ThanksOh, I forgot to mention that I do use the antilag frame limiter set to 0 frames rendered ahead and 35 fps...it works for me.KDub

Oh, if it calms you down, I also couldn't get BP=0 stable yesterday on a test flight from Heathrow. Sometimes it's stable, some lighter airport, but as soon as I load the sim properly, no chance. I run non-standard LOD (7.5) and 4096 textures, NGX, heavy addon scenery... it is impossible to have BP=0 stable with that. Only if you want to limit your FPS to 20 or so. Good luck with that...Kaydub is probably exactly doing that - going light.I will say it only once more: BP=0 is highly unstable tweak, and with water high 2.0, you get nearly same performance as with RT and water low 2.0. Now, if you really wanna go high water, fine, but as you have seen - unstable.Man, I just am trying to save you from the tweaking nirvana I went through... for nothing.

Oh, if it calms you down, I also couldn't get BP=0 stable yesterday on a test flight from Heathrow. Sometimes it's stable, some lighter airport, but as soon as I load the sim properly, no chance. I run non-standard LOD (7.5) and 4096 textures, NGX, heavy addon scenery... it is impossible to have BP=0 stable with that. Only if you want to limit your FPS to 20 or so. Good luck with that...Kaydub is probably exactly doing that - going light.I will say it only once more: BP=0 is highly unstable tweak, and with water high 2.0, you get nearly same performance as with RT and water low 2.0. Now, if you really wanna go high water, fine, but as you have seen - unstable.Man, I just am trying to save you from the tweaking nirvana I went through... for nothing.
True. I use REX clouds but only 1024 and no addon scenery and default LOD. I tested RejectThreshold last night and it works fine with everything except the Citation Mustang, where it gets choppy.KayDub

I get about 10FPS less with RejectThreshold tweak in comparison to BP=0 and the smoothness is not even close. I'd be very happy if RT would work for me.
The lower the RejectThreshold, the closer the effect to BP=0.For example, with a RejectThreshold of 30000 I get the almost the same FPS boost than with BP=0, but then again the sim is rock solid stable with BP=0, so why even bother with RT :)