Sign in to follow this  
coryryder

Taxi Light not shutting off after take off

It was my understanding that the taxi light will shut off after take off, or landing gear retracts. This happened once that I can remember, the actual toggle switch automatically went to the off position.It's not happening anymore... Any ideas?

This isn't a feature on the NG. All exterior lighting is controlled manually.

There's nothing to the switch, never was. There isn't a lot of switches on the flight deck that have a solenoid. In fact the only ones I could think of right now are A/T ARM and wing A/I.sig.gif

Autopilot disengage has one too...
No. The CMD switches are just pushbuttons like all other MCP switches. Actually I wonder how this used to be on the old (-200?) MCPs that had paddles...
Yaw Damper
Good catch... Big%20Grin.gifsig.gif

It was my understanding that the taxi light will shut off after take off, or landing gear retracts. This happened once that I can remember, the actual toggle switch automatically went to the off position.It's not happening anymore...Any ideas?
You might remember the previous version (FS9 and before) having an auto switch. That worked like you described as far as I can recall.

Regards,
Axel

I guess, some are missing the point where, it was automatic, when I first watched a Angle of Attack video on lighting they said the Taxi light turns off when gear is retracted. So i was like cool! I tried it out and to my astonishment it indeed not only shut off visually the switch automatically flicked itself to the off position. I was not dreaming. So again, it was a feature it was working like 2 weeks ago before I updated it or something.

Engine start switches?
Ah, I better leave this thread now in utter embarrassment... *ducks* LMAO.gifsig.gif

In reality, the light will dim, the switch won't budge.No idea why the switched moved automatically in you case, but be glad it only happened once ;-)

According to the docs the taxi light will switch off for NLG not locked down condition on SOME models that do have an appropriate control relay. I'm not exactly positive this applies to each and every NG. The switch does definately not have any type of relay or solenoid as far as can be seen.sig.gif

Tought the autopilot disengage switch was moved when the A/P was disengaged from the yoke.Watch this vid at 5:28, it is a old 737-200 so maybe I mistaked there.