Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jgoggi

Landing winds 80 knots and AI landing opposite direction!

Hi, I did a flight EGCC-LFPG yesterday, with FSX, ASE (last release before the beta B651, is it B647?) and Radar Contact.When approaching the Paris area, RC metar reported wind of 80 knots at LFPG!I performed the approach to runway 09L and when the tower cleared me to land, they reported again wind of 80 knots (in fact the wind was almost calm).Just before landing I did a "wind check" (it's an RC option) and the tower controller said "wind calm". At the same time an AI aircraft was approaching runway 27R (although there were other AI aircraft landing on runways 08/09) and it was a matter of seconds if I did not have a crash head-on with that aircraft landing in the opposite direction!I had done several flights the past days but this was the first time someting like that happened. Could it depend on the DWC mode, that I have enabled? I have realized only today about the beta B651, do you think it could improve things?Thank you very much.

James Goggi

Hi,I'm not very familiar with RC and available options/usage scenarios so I'll leave that to someone with more experience, but I do know that there are many RC users enjoying ASE SP3 which has updates specifically created to address issues like these. DWC mode is global/ambient meaning the conditions at your aircraft are also the conditions everywhere else, every altitude and location. So while up at altitude 80kts is normal. FSUIPC has special methods to automatically get ASE surface weather information and report this to RC to avoid conflicts and discrepancies. You may need to update FSUIPC to the latest version?

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi,You need to update to latest FSUIPC version. I am frequent user of DWC and RC and since looooong time now there are no issues with winds at destination while using DWC and RC.Also, can you show me your ASE options settings? Tell me, what is your dynamic rate of change, please.

Tom Link

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,910.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now