Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

New Groundroll Sound Enhancement

Hi SteveI'm normally very savvy with pcs etc but struggling to understand where each file is to be copiedHypnotized.gifI have the touchdown effect already installed which works great, also downloaded the taxi thump sound you uploaded today - PMDG_737_NoseGearGroundroll.zip (359kb) and also the new runway groundroll file - NGXSound2.zip (5.78mb). does the larger file superceed the smaller one as they both have the same filename - PMDG_737_NoseGearGroundroll.wav so obviously cannot co-exist in the same sound folder. I'm not near my FSX pc till this evening so can't test though played them both in media player, the taxi one sounds great, I hear this thumping too on the takeoff roll obviously getting more frequent as the speed increases , please advise mate?
Yeah this has been a nightmare to sort out but me and Joel are sorting it as we speak so should keep posted this evening on final instructions and even more soundsRight guysDON'T NOT DOWNLOAD ANYMORE LINKS FOR THIS SUBJECT UNTIL ME AND JOEL GIVE YOU THE FINAL EDIT. I HAVE CANCELED ALL DOWNLOADS FROM MY SIDE WHICH WILL STOP ANY CONFUSION UNTIL LATER ON. For the time being revert your groundroll sound and nosegroundroll sounds back to there original. This will give you a clean start to work with , Regards Steve ..

Yeah this has been a nightmare to sort out but me and Joel are sorting it as we speak so should keep posted this evening on final instructions and even more soundsRight guysDON'T NOT DOWNLOAD ANYMORE LINKS FOR THIS SUBJECT UNTIL ME AND JOEL GIVE YOU THE FINAL EDIT. I HAVE CANCELED ALL DOWNLOADS FROM MY SIDE WHICH WILL STOP ANY CONFUSION UNTIL LATER ON. For the time being revert your groundroll sound and nosegroundroll sounds back to there original. This will give you a clean start to work with , Regards Steve ..
that is where me and Steve spoken on Private that as much as we tried helping, we caused more confusion.we are working on consolidating our posts and file versions and better and clear instructions.as to your question "PMDG_737_NoseGearGroundroll.wav" , both versions would do the same, just with a different sound output.it is to the user's discretion on deciding which one he prefers.so the 350K size or the 5Mb size essentially have the same role, you need to pick one that you like and replace the original filewith your favorite modified file(s) we offered.Don't forget to backup your original file 1st.
Ok thanks guys. I'm flicking between the two seperate threads trying to get my head around what you are both working together on. Look forward to seeing something later. Will it be in a new thread or cross posted onto the two original threads so those that are following can quickly locate it?Thanks again

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Ok thanks guys. I'm flicking between the two seperate threads trying to get my head around what you are both working together on. Look forward to seeing something later. Will it be in a new thread or cross posted onto the two original threads so those that are following can quickly locate it?Thanks again
I'm hoping i can get Dave to delete the other 2 posts because what happened is i started working on something to work with Joel's touchdown and it's snow balled from there, so fingers crossed Dave will take out the 2 threads about ground-roll and me and Joel can work together in one post simple really but totally understandable how its got like this joint efforts are a must and ill say this much it's worth it sounds very good

I'm hoping i can get Dave to delete the other 2 posts because what happened is i started working on something to work with Joel's touchdown and it's snow balled from there, so fingers crossed Dave will take out the 2 threads about ground-roll and me and Joel can work together in one post simple really but totally understandable how its got like this joint efforts are a must and ill say this much it's worth it sounds very good
Sounds great Steve. If the original two posts can't be removed by Avsim/PMDG can yourself and Joel not edit your original post with links to your new thread once you finalise the sound files?Can't wait, strange we all want to fly this bird in the air yet getting excited about driving it around the taxi ways, and as my girlfriend calls it 'rallying up the runway' lol

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

yes mate, i have your sound right now................regards......tks.

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.