Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steve inwood

New Groundroll Sound Enhancement

I have been working on a new Ground-roll sound for about 2 weeks now, I know a lot of us have AES which does provide thumps on the runway but doesn't when taxiing. U do get thuds when taxiing in real life especially over cracks in the tarmac or concrete and lights on the taxi-way joins. If this gets a lot of interest i will upload it for people to have. I personally like it and this is a matter of choice, in order to use this i have had to disable the AES runway thump sounds as it was over kill but now with this i can enjoy the realistic sounds from push back to lift off. They do get faster as well on the runway as your speed progresses.Right guys click to download the ground-roll file. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VRMJ9XXPI didn't provide a read-me, so basically if your NOT an AES user just put the file in the 800NGX & 700NGX sound folder overwriting the originals. **PLEASE BACK IT UP FIRST GUYS **If you are an AES user then follow the instructions above and make sure you remove the 2 RWlamps WAVE sounds in the AES sound folder backing them up first incase your not keen on mine, this can be found like this. - Microsoft flight simulator X / Aerosoft / AES / sound .. I believe they are the 2 files 4th & 5th from the bottom. don't delete AES_THUMPS this is the ground crew knocking file.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would be interested in giving it a try.
Ok well im just wrapping it up with a read me. so bare with me guys ..I actually tried it again earlier looking over the wing as taxiing and it really does sound real m8

Ok guys download like is at the top of thread now! any questions ask me Please back up all your originals incase its not what you want

Maybe a silly question, but will this file work if i just drop in into the sound file for the QW757?TIA

Maybe a silly question, but will this file work if i just drop in into the sound file for the QW757?TIA
I believe by that you mean the Qualitywings 757 . I would say so but you would have to rename the file for that aircraft m8

Most likely a stupid question, but what file should i overwrite? there is no files in my pmdg sound folder called PMDG737NGX_GRND?Perhaps a little more detailed instruction for us noobs:-)/Niklas Eriksson

Most likely a stupid question, but what file should i overwrite? there is no files in my pmdg sound folder called PMDG737NGX_GRND?Perhaps a little more detailed instruction for us noobs:-)/Niklas Eriksson
Yeah sorry guys in the aircraft folders for the 800 ngx & 700 ngx there are sound folders and you should overwrite in them the 800 controls the 800 -900 and the 700 controls the 600- 700 its the third sound down i think

Hi Steve.Im sorry i still cant find what file to overwrite... the third file down is "APU.wav" so I doubt that is the correct file:)Great work though, cant wait to test it.../Niklas Eriksson

Hi Steve.Im sorry i still cant find what file to overwrite... the third file down is "APU.wav" so I doubt that is the correct file:)Great work though, cant wait to test it.../Niklas Eriksson
Your in the wrong sound folder :) You need to be in the actual aircraft sound folder m8 simobjects ariplanes 800 ngx - 700ngx etc you get me chap if not come back to me

That did it ;-) so... sorry, my mistake! The reason for this mistake however was that the landing sound that is published here, was supposed to be put in "another" sound folder...:-)

That did it ;-) so... sorry, my mistake! The reason for this mistake however was that the landing sound that is published here, was supposed to be put in "another" sound folder...:-)
Yeah just be extra careful where and what your moving about PMDG are very good at creating lots of fantastic sounds that do go in different places m8

Thank you very much steve ! It's the first time I hear that sound in FSX and it provides a very realistic effect !Great job !

Not to discredit you Steve, but i already have this.. huh.png (from Turbine Sound Studios CFM56 5b9 soundpack)It is exaclty the same lol tongue.png

Not to discredit you Steve, but i already have this.. huh.png (from Turbine Sound Studios CFM56 5b9 soundpack)It is exaclty the same lol tongue.png
Is it oh good good not where i got it from but hey ho glad you got it

this file is only responsible for the slow taxi movement, not the high speed RW run and nose gear.the sound that is used for the high speed roll when you takeoff/landing are the default FSX sound (so I believe), this is the sound I am about to replace.the slow taxi sound is great as it is IMO as it is.I might combine both the NGX GRND sound and the modified sound into one, which we might benefit from both worlds.I'll D/L it and test it out and try combining them and see what the outcome would be (I might need to de-amplifier/amplifier one or both files to match the 50% PMDG sound setting recommendation and to make them both heard)what is missing is the Nose gear touch down and RW roll (at high speed)

Joel and Steve, is it possible to have a unique package with all sounds needed (slow taxi and runway run/nose gear) and the related instructions on where to put them?Thank you for your work!

Im currently looking at the runways sounds know as of making them respond to faster speeds bare with me guys

Im currently looking at the runways sounds know as of making them respond to faster speeds bare with me guys
I can help you on this one, i am going to run a debug tool to find what sound file(s) the NGX calls when Nose gear touch down and when you roll at high speed on the RW , i.e. during take off and/or landing.if you want we can work on it together and combine our efforts on that one.let me know if you are up for it.