Sign in to follow this  
kultman

SDK?

They've made a sophisticated simulation and now they're about to give out a package telling everyone about it's inner workings. I'd imagine I'd want to protect that too.
exactly correct

John C

They've made a sophisticated simulation and now they're about to give out a package telling everyone about it's inner workings. I'd imagine I'd want to protect that too.
exactly correct
I would have thought that was the source code

David Porrett

You guys really need to realize too that this isn't some magic thing - you have to be a C++ driver programmer to use this. Not sure why there's average simmers thinking this is going to do something for them right away, it's not.
Dear RyanI have seen you commenting rightly about some guys who have posted their comments in this forum and were ranting and raving. There is no need for that. You (PMDG) have done an oustanding job and it just has taken longer then expected. So thereBut there is also no need top patronise people. And that is what you are doing here RyanI probably am only an average simmer although I started already flying on the PC when it was still called Microprose. The first FS ever on Atari. It had a Cessna and a Learjet.So please don't tell me that I wouldn't know how to use a SDKI have been working for many years for a small IT company called the Big Blue and when it comes to PC's etc I know what I am talking about. I am not a pilot OK but I know my way around a PC etc.Do not belittle me by such remarks. I don't do this to you and your colleagues at PMDG plus I have always defended you in anyway.Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

You guys really need to realize too that this isn't some magic thing - you have to be a C++ driver programmer to use this. Not sure why there's average simmers thinking this is going to do something for them right away, it's not.
I don't want magic, I just want my hardware vendor to get a chance to make drivers so my hardware can work seamlessly with your 737 NGX - which by the way doesn't work by magic either... Good code I would imagine is at the heart of that product... :() I have been coding for 20 years and it's what I do for a living. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a beta version, but I read somewhere that you are only letting vendors have the SDK?And I agree with David that your source code would need protecting, but access to the inner workings of the sim? The more access you give the better products will be made for your near perfect 737 NGX :()I am building a home cockpit and am hoping that all I need is the hardware and your simulation - fingers crossed... That would be perfect.I have tested all the others - PM, ProSim737, Sim Avionics and more... Good products, but you simulate all they do - and more I think... So when asking for release dates it's not to rush you, I just have very expensive hardware here waiting to be used...

It makes it sound that way, but Ryan/RSR said a while back that it's not exclusively available for vendors and/or commercial developers.

Everyone will have access to the SDK, but as Ryan said, it's only of any real practical value for...

Ya, we are nerds... and proud of it! ;)

Sorry Guys,I found this:http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/23568-737-NGXBha!Cheers,Francesco

Francesco Gatta
Managing Director / Media

Royaldutchvirtual.com