Sign in to follow this  
Guest jahman

Boeing Inks $22 Billion Record Deal for 230 Aircraft !

I believe it's a committment to order - not quite the same thing as an actual order. Lion Air is on the EU list of airlines that are banned from operating in the EU.How much will Boeing actually get, I wonder?

I believe it's a committment to order - not quite the same thing as an actual order. Lion Air is on the EU list of airlines that are banned from operating in the EU.How much will Boeing actually get, I wonder?
As far as I know it is an order for 201 737-MAX and 29 737-900ERs, and purchase rights for an additional 150 airplanes. Lion Air is an all Boeing fleet similar to Southwest and this is the fastest growing market in the world right now.Cheers

Matthew Kane

I think they were the airline that took the first 737-900ER's

Lion Air is on the EU list of airlines that are banned from operating in the EU.
Correct. Every Indonesian airline is banned except for Garuda Indonesia, Airfast Indonesia, Mandala Airlines, Ekspres Transportasi Antarbenua, Indonesia Air Asia and Metro Batavia.http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air-ban/doc/list_en.pdf
I think they were the airline that took the first 737-900ER's
I believe that was Alaskan Airlines, but I'm not sure if it was the extended range ones.

I believe that was Alaskan Airlines, but I'm not sure if it was the extended range ones.
Alaska was the first -900Lion was the first -900ER Continental was the first US customer for the -900ER