Sign in to follow this  
peterboko

strange behavior on autoflight

I am flying the md 11 for over one year now and the last month i am haven a problem. Not all the time but now and then.I am on autoflight, the plane is following the fmc flight plan but at some waypoints, for example the plane have to make a left turn, it continues straigt ahaed, or even a right turn. When i switch to hdg select to correct it the plane doenst respond to the commands. Only after disconnect auto pilot en manualy stering the plane responds.When i am back on course i activate autoflght and then it's ok.Any ideas of what is going on ?ThanksPeter

It maybe a problem with the waypoint database. Try deleting the waypoint before the problem and the waypoint at the problem and see what happens. If that works then one of those two waypoints is messed up some how.Rod Storer

Hi, the problem is getting worse, is there someone with the same problem ?The last couple of flights, when on autoflight, the plane sometimes the plane does not follow the fightpaln of the FMC.But when i try to correct the course manual, using the heading select knop, the plane doesn't respond to the commands.Only after disconnect the autopilot i can handfly the plane back on course.Anyone some ideas ?Thanks

The only time I had something like that was when my weather options where all wrong and the plane made "s-turns". Have you checked that the winds are normal?

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Well i dont now if the wheather options are normal. The s turns i also have that sometimes and aspecially with strong winds but why the plane doesnt respond to heading select i dont now.

What is the flight mode annunciator, top of PFD, telling you? The FMA will usually give you a clue as to why she does something unexpected.

Dan Downs KCRP

<P style="MARGIN-LEFT: 40px">

I am flying the md 11 for over one year now and the last month i am haven a problem. Not all the time but now and then. I am on autoflight, the plane is following the fmc flight plan but at some waypoints, for example the plane have to make a left turn, it continues straigt ahaed, or even a right turn. When i switch to hdg select to correct it the plane doenst respond to the commands. Only after disconnect auto pilot en manualy stering the plane responds. When i am back on course i activate autoflght and then it&#39;s ok. Any ideas of what is going on ? Thanks Peter
</P>this usually happens when using external weather like Active sky with PMDG planes, try to update you'r Fsuipc here http://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/If you don't have active sky 2012, try this: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/346862-my-new-weather-config-works-perfect-with-the-ngx/

Check you mcdu for flight plan irregularities, doubled up checkpoints or discontinuities.The settings for fsuipc, active sky and fsx have been updated here, if you have them, perform the changes, no more s turns and your weather is better than ever!http://forum.avsim.net/topic/350389-my-weather-config-for-pmdg-planes-part-ii/

Well i dont now if the wheather options are normal.The s turns i also have that sometimes and aspecially with strong winds but why the plane doesnt respond to heading select i dont now.
The weather options I was talking about where those who Zeljko linked. (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/346862-my-new-weather-config-works-perfect-with-the-ngx/)About the heading problem I can only speak for my aircraft but the problem was somehow that the FSX "turbulences" made the aircraft bank left and right so much that the autopilot was to weak to work against it. The only way to fly in the right direction was to fly manual and then I needed full deflection to counteract the banking motion. If it isn't this I have a second guess and that would be to check the FSX registry. Download the registry tool http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library and run it. Hopefully it will fix it.

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

I have made the changes in the fsx wheather, checkt the boxes but still having problems with autoflight. i am flying on ivao by the way. The flight from yesterday was a disaster, The autopilot not following the fmc, making right turns as where it supposed to go straigt, and when i tryed the heading select no respons what so ever, even though teh FMA says heading 250. Also a lot off problems with rapedly changing wind speeds with as result overspeed or low speed, sometimes 4 or 5 times in two minutes.Only when i totaly disconect the autopilot i can fly manualy. It's not on every flight but it hapens to often.Time for me to delete the md 11 and buy the 737.

Edited by peterboko

Is youre heading in white on your PFD? Then just hit NAV again and it will go to it's first waypoint in your FMC.Reg,John

Try a simple test, try a flight with no weather (no winds or clouds). The MD11 is an excellent simulation, you just have to figure out the one thing that is preventing you from enjoying it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Is youre heading in white on your PFD? Then just hit NAV again and it will go to it's first waypoint in your FMC.Reg,John
Yes its in white but the plane doenst follow the heading i selected and when i go back to nav 1 it's NOT following the fmc. Today on my flight the problem did not occured but its on and off.Like i said, time for the 737.

Yes its in white but the plane doenst follow the heading i selected and when i go back to nav 1 it's NOT following the fmc. Today on my flight the problem did not occured but its on and off.Like i said, time for the 737.
When it's in white it is not armed. It should be in amber. Like I said, hit the NAV knob (below the heading knob) and it will be armed. I also think that Autoflight is not armed. You have to press on it on the take off roll (at 70% N1) and again above 400 ft.To bad if you're going back to the 737, I prefer the MD11. It's just differend then any other one!