Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Cannot reduce power on approach

This is something that is starting to pee me off! For some reason, the last few flights I have been unable to reduce power sufficiently on my approaches. Power will not fall below about 40%Ni and I have to use full spoilers abd flaps to get the plane down on the ground. Not ideal. The power simply appears not to want to drop. Is there something I am doing wrong. I read elsewhere on the forumn that a few other guys were experiencing the same issue. Is this a bug, or as I said, is it something I am doing wrong? Help is quickly needed, thanks guys.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

There are some topics "idle bug" "idle issue" and so on, if you search them you will find that other users have this problem.PMDG isolated the issue and it is related to a non default setting of the landing gear button on some controllers, to quickly eliminate the problem, try to make your next flights using the G key on the keyboard istead of the controller button. Hope this will help you.The problem will be solved in SP1b

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Cheers, Andrea, that's very helpful, I'll give it a go and see how I get on. Thanks...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

This is something that is starting to pee me off! For some reason, the last few flights I have been unable to reduce power sufficiently on my approaches. Power will not fall below about 40%Ni and I have to use full spoilers abd flaps to get the plane down on the ground. Not ideal. The power simply appears not to want to drop. Is there something I am doing wrong. I read elsewhere on the forumn that a few other guys were experiencing the same issue. Is this a bug, or as I said, is it something I am doing wrong? Help is quickly needed, thanks guys.
What Cost Index you use?

What Cost Index you use?
Hi Oleg, I thought the cost index was not coded into the sim, or am I talking out of the back of my head?

Howard

Cost index makes a huge difference in the ngx
Ahh, OK, then I have obviously been receiving incorrect information. I normally add 100 as cost index with reserves of 10 after selecting random load and 2/3 fuel.

Howard

Hi Howard, apparently, (my source is this forum) CI used is between 10-30.

Hi Howard, apparently, (my source is this forum) CI used is between 10-30.
Thanks Luke. I'm still in the learning throws of flying this bird. I'll use those values in future, cheers.

Howard

Cost index has nothing to do with idle, cost index has only to do with FMC route calculations, so will have effects if used in V/LNAV. but the only changes applies to the altitude, ramps, not idle.the NG has 3 idle, ground idle (airplane is on ground), flight idle (normal conditions, flaps up, gears up) and approach idle (flaps and gears for landing)

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Hi,Since SP1 my approaches are hard to work, demanding more use of spoilers and receiving "you're not gonna make it" FMC messages ;-). I did not copy well this gear issue as I cannot see the relation between using G key or a button on my control.I am pretty sure the aircraft descend is harder to control after SP1. Before that, I never even thought about that, unless I let things go wrong only by my fault, as forgetting to program the FMC correctly.I've been using Cost Index from 40-80-100 with no different results on the approach speeds.Regards

Heron Jr

800driver.jpg

I don't know exactly why there is a bug in the non default G (or button) combination, but, as I told just above here, the landing gears are a required input for idle control. Maybe the bug will not "receive" the gear up at take off, then the "approach" idle remains armed (and then you have more than 70% of N2 at idle below 15000fts).So, either using G key, or waiting for the fix will solve the problem.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

There does appear to be a bug, as I came across a reply to a post by Ryan, who says they are aware of it and it's going to be addressed in SP1b. I did a flight last night and the G key appeared to correct the problem. But I shall insert the correct CI though...

Howard

What Cost Index you use?
Hi allRyanair use a CI of 25Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better