Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

RTWR 2012 Signup

( Callsign ) Travis( Flightsim version ) have both but will use FS9 during race.( Experience in Flightsim ) This will be my 4th race. Will attempt to fly anything that has wings, engine, tail and wheels (or floats)( Timezone =/- UTC ) UTC +6 (Central Time United States). Will be working half days all week. Be available online from 1230 to 03-0400 local time.

Travis.png?dl=1

( Callsign ) Rob( Flightsim version ) FSX( Experience in Flightsim ) All Types( Timezone =/- UTC ) GMT-5( Computer Availability ) Dodgy

Callsign: MM (Mike)Flightsim version: FS9 & FSXExperience in Flightsim: Flew AVSIM's 2nd leg...East to West (cough, cough)Timezone: UTC-5

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Have we heard anything from Flight Sim Geek? I hope we can get him to join on!

Travis.png?dl=1

Have we heard anything from Flight Sim Geek? I hope we can get him to join on!
Sorry I have been very busy of late. I should be able to get some things done this weekend. I will be available full time soon.Aaron B.

Sorry I have been very busy of late. I should be able to get some things done this weekend. I will be available full time soon.Aaron B.
No worries Aaron, just take your time and get a few practice runs in when you have time. Good to know you are still planning to participate! :(

Hope it's not too late to join. Sounds like good fun. :)( Callsign ) Lowflyer( Flightsim version ) FSX( Experience in Flightsim ) Been around since FS II for the Commodore Amiga. Will fly almost anything but choppers might be a bit of a gamble.( Timezone =/- UTC ) UTC+1Will be available most of the weekend but can only fly between 600 and 1100 UTC on weekdays due to work.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Hej Lowflyer, kul att du vill vara med!You can check out the Recruiting thread which contains some good information for new racers.We would like to see you participate in practice and make a flight, after that we will get you access to the private forum where we have some information about the TeamSpeak and FSHost servers we use.The Duenna (flight validator, linked from Jeff's post) is pretty straightforward to use, but let us know if you have any trouble setting it up and we will help you any way we can.

Hey Lowflyer and FlightSimGeek . Welcome to the Party . . Any help you guys need getting set up and doing some practises , just let us know what you need . If you are looking for a good couple of aircraft to practise and also race with I can highly recommend two to get you started .1. Grumman F7F-3 RTWR Version (search for in Avsim Library )2. Lockheed P-38L-5: The Definitive Lightning (Also in Avsim library ) there is a FSX patch at Simviation http://simviation.co...page=1 FSX Updates for David Copley's P-38 Lightnings but I have not tried it .A very warm welcome and try these wonderful planes , Bry

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Thanks guys :-)Already have Teamspeak 3. Will get Duenna and FShost client installed tomorrow. Evenings are a but busy right now but I hope to be able do some practice with you this weekend. Will take a look at those planes too.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Welcome Lowflyer! If you need any help please let us know! We are here to help! Looking foward to flying with you!

Travis.png?dl=1

Ok, I've got everything installed and have done a test flight and Duanne produced a nice report as it should. Suppose the next step is to do one of the legs in the practice thread?I tested the planes Byran recommended and I don't mind flying the Grumman when needed. Any suggestions for good payware planes that can be used in the race?

Edited by Lowflyer

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Good Afternoon Lowflyer..Payware aircraft you say, lets see.. The FSD p38 is a good bird (http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/P38/index.htm) however it is a little slow but really easy to land. Another suggestion is the Wings of Power (A2A) p51d/h (http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/p51/).. This aircraft seems to be a favorite year after year as its very fast, highly maneuverable and has the range we need (with tanks).. The downside is that its a little harder to control/land and the H version is regulated in the race. We usually can only fly a few legs with it since it is sooo fast, and slightly unrealistic since you can fly on WEP (war emergency power) the entire way. The FSD Piaggio avanti is a good bird too (http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/Avanti/) however overspeeds very easily which can really ruin your day.. Trust us, we know.. :)As for your duenna, glad to hear you have it up and running, next step is do a practice leg and post your duenna so that we may have a look.. Never hurts to have another pair of eyes take a look to make sure everything is good to go.. Once you've done that we can get you access to the private forum and the multiplayer server we use..

spacer.png

Thanks Eamonn. I like A2A very much (already have the Cub and B377) so I will check out the P-51 first. I know they make good stuff and it's also a plane that I like and wouldn't mind adding to my collection. Probably means the 737NGX is out for now but I wasn't sure about that one anyway.Will do a leg later this evening.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg