Sign in to follow this  
flight1986

Major Stutter in FSX

Currently my UT2 traffic is at: 50% for both types. And i usually dont see if any traffic at some airports i fly. And UT2 traffic from my understanding does not eat up that much resources. I am running AffinityMask=14 i will try 15 and see what happens.

Hi,Having similar problems, also got an I5 running @ 4.5 but have a GTX580, can anyone post there NVInspector settings please as it is these that don't seem to be common...Many thanksMike

Hey sorry for this late post MPL330, but for the inspector i saw the biggest performance boost after i changed my AA MODE to ENHANCE, and alot of my stutter went away if not all.

Hi,Thanks for the tip - I had looked for that setting based on one of your previous posts but couldn't see it for looking!!! :Rolling Eyes:It does seem to have made a real difference, got the I5 overclocked to 4.5 and the temps are all good FPS is staying at 30 and now I have set my LOD radius to 8.5 the blurries seem to have gone too.Thanks everyone for their tips in this thread.Mike

Just 1 thing I have noticed... I had to turn on AA in FSX for AA to work when using Enhance - does that sound right?Thanks

Yep, sure did. Changed to 'enhance' in Nvinsp and applied and then launched FSX and AA was gone, severe jaggies... Out of curiosity I applied AA in FSX and suddenly all was well - most bizarre! General consensus is to turn off in FSX and apply via Nvinsp isn't it?This sim is a real contradiction to get right!!!!CheersMike

Yes, but do not choose " enhance ", choose " override", and make sure aa is off in FSX.

The reason to keep AA off in the sim is only so that you will notice that nvidia inspector havent been configured properly. If nVidia inspector have been configured properly then it shouldnt matter what you have set in the sim

All these tweaks will effect each system differentley as you see in my screenshots of the inspector mine is configured AA MODE: Enhance and AA unchecked in FSX for me that resolved all issues i have. I can fly QW757 at any addon airport and have smooth flight, also try totake your FPS in FSX to 23 +/- 2 find out which one works best for you. Initially I had issues with Inspector saving my profile properly so i deleted my FSX profile and recreated a new one and it worked then. Here is the link to all my screenshot: http://www.mediafire.com/?6jf0j3qdv1jde. you can see how all of my settings are there. hope it helps.Mike,Also did you OC your GPU? if you did try to unOC it and see if anyting happens. Like I said all systems are differnet even thought we could have identical compnents. Also follow this link if you have not already to set up your Windows 7: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34141&PID=198187#198187 It took me me awhile to find the sweet spot with my system. I assume you ran your FSX at minimum settings without stutters right?

Looks like I will do a couple more tests then - its most bizarre, Win7 is all installed and runs a dream, the GTX580 is not overclocked and when I have monitored its use when running FSX its hardly being touched (memory not over used and is not struggling speed wise - plenty of headroom left, same with the I5 - no core is going over 60% use, temps are approx 50-60c when it steps up to 4.5ghz).Stutters and blurries were happening with base FSX installed before anything else loaded in - swapping Nvinsp to "enhance" sorted the stutter but turned off AA so I put it back on in FSX and AA then looked to be working. Think I will delete the FSX.cfg file and try again as per all your suggestions - thanks everyone and Happy Christmas!CheersMike

That is strange your CPU is that hot at 4.5, mine at 4.7 isnt getting over 42C (under full load), I am also using the H50 though, those temps are safe enough though. You definetley want to have afresh .cfg file created before making major tweaks. That is what I did initally after changing my inspector settings. I deleted my old fsx.cfg and just started up the default flight for like few minutes and that is it. I ended up only adding like 3 tweaks and it worked like a charm. Let me know and i can send you my fsx.cfg file and you can try it. If you want to test it just set up your FSX exactly like my screenshots and the inspector the same and add only these following tweaks to your fsx.cfg in the begginging of it:[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=15[bUFFERPOOLS]UsePools=1PoolSize=8388608RejectThreshold=262144 // 131072also under [DISPLAY] make this change:TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80Under [MAIN] i added this:FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=.18 or .20 which ever one works best for youyou can look under [MAIN] and play with the value for PerfBucket=? 4 is suppose to be good enough, and 7 is the highest.Your GPU shouldnt be used up that much, seems with my i5 the least amount of tweaking done to the fsx.cfg it performs better. WHen i tried the BOJOTES automated tweaks my system went crazy and just kept stuttering liike crazy. Hope the above helps man, like i said:Inspector:1. configure your settings accordingly or as i ahve themFSX:1. delete your existing fsx.cfg file2. load your default flight and fly for couple of minutes3. go into your FSX.CFG file and add the above tweaks I have4. Try flyingI do not know if these will help but its worth a try, i have deleted my .cfg file atleast couple of hundred times changing different tweaks and tyring suggestions. Start with a default airport as well, that way you can test fsx in its normal state and then if you like it move on to your add-on airports and such. By the way what add-ons are you running?