Sign in to follow this  
tnorton776

X plane 10.....

Is awful... Fsx looks and feels so much better and more realistic... Whatever you do, do not waste 80 bucks on xplane 10. It's a piece of garbage. just my humble opinion...

Is awful... Fsx looks and feels so much better and more realistic... Whatever you do, do not waste 80 bucks on xplane 10. It's a piece of garbage. just my humble opinion...
Price point is to high for what you get.......

Wow, ever thought of getting a job as a professional reviewer? I think you found your calling...

Rob Prest

In his defense, that sums up my feelings about X-Plane since I tried it. I'm just not quite as outspoken about it for fear of the X-Plane fans.
Do be scared of people you dont know and will never see .. too funny!

You're right, XPlane 10 is garbage! The viewing system... I can't look around normally inside the cockpit like in FSX. Flight dynamics are extremely unrealistic.Runway slope looks nice but is a little too exaggerated.Even nowadays in 2011, there isn't even shadow casting or light casting inside the VC. FSX wasn't capable of this either, but that's a 6 year old game. MS Flight is gonna have this, I've seen some great screenshots from inside the cockpit, were you can see the sun shining inside there, just great.The whole game is just inconvenient to use, not user-friendly.Is it me, or are the games just getting worse and worse? Although MS Flight looks way more promising, I'm still not convinced though. The games just suck nowadays. Modern Warfare 3, F1 2011, XPlane 10, Dirt 3, just garbage compared to the old games.

You're right, XPlane 10 is garbage! The viewing system... I can't look around normally inside the cockpit like in FSX. Flight dynamics are extremely unrealistic.Runway slope looks nice but is a little too exaggerated.Even nowadays in 2011, there isn't even shadow casting or light casting inside the VC. FSX wasn't capable of this either, but that's a 6 year old game. MS Flight is gonna have this, I've seen some great screenshots from inside the cockpit, were you can see the sun shining inside there, just great.The whole game is just inconvenient to use, not user-friendly.Is it me, or are the games just getting worse and worse? Although MS Flight looks way more promising, I'm still not convinced though. The games just suck nowadays. Modern Warfare 3, F1 2011, XPlane 10, Dirt 3, just garbage compared to the old games.
If it is true about flight dynamics how come after an 11 year rw relationship with a Beech Debonair and about 700 hours in it I have finally experienced it in a sim..Just asking-by the way on the views-you use the arrow keys on your keyboard-I know a little different from fs but not that hard.Suggest you spend a few more minutes with it..it is different from fs-just takes a little patience...I have no loyalty to any sim but I sure know when I have experienced something closer to reality.

Add Battlefield 3 too your list. Yes, X-plane does look like Garbage!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

If it is true about flight dynamics how come after an 11 year rw relationship with a Beech Debonair and about 700 hours in it I have finally experienced it in a sim..Just asking-by the way on the views-you use the arrow keys on your keyboard-I know a little different from fs but not that hard.Suggest you spend a few more minutes with it..it is different from fs-just takes a little patience...I have no loyalty to any sim but I sure know when I have experienced something closer to reality.
Geoff, I don't share your sentiments. When people fire up X-plane for the first time, they're greeted with a terrible interface and even more terrible default aircraft. On the other hand, the default 172 for FSX is actually pretty believable. X-Plane may be a decent platform for professionals, but for the most of us desktop users, that just is not the case. In my experience (only 800 hours or so) X-Plane is the lesser platform, regardless of it's untapped capabilities in respect to flight dynamics. MFS feels right.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Ok, maybe the flight dynamics of the small GA aircraft are ok, but the big airplanes like the 747 certainly not. The 747 feels heavy, but is extremely inrespongsive to control input, almost not responsive to trimming. And then those stupid alarms sounding all the time (bleeep bleeep TCAS alert). And when I'm clicking some buttons on the EFIS, for example ARPT or WPT, the button does get pushed on the EFIS, but nothing happens on the ND! When I try to rotate the knobs by either rotating my mouse wheel or right/left clicking, nothing happens either. And then the flap system which is the biggest failure. You can select every degree seperately! Like for example, flaps 4, or flaps 17, or flaps 23. The default aircraft of FSX are also not that good, but way better than XPlane 10 for sure. You can't blame for the bad default aircraft, because it takes a very long time to make them in PMDG quality. But the ones from XPlane are just garbage. And then claiming that the aircraft have VC's. The 777 only has a 2D panel. And when I'm taking off, there's always some rudder input required to keep the airplane centered, but then you here the very loud and ugly sound of the tyres screaming. The only good thing about this game is the scenery, the rest is just crap, looking forward to Flight.For an example, click this link (www.microsoft.com/games/flight) , and check out the screenshots October 2011 sample, screenshot 7. I mean, just look at it. Those graphics inside the cockpit, and the scenery. That's 10 times better than XPlane. Lucikly, the beta starts January 2012, that means the release is not that far away anymore. I hope, that in around 1 year, that we can finally enjoy PMDG's aircraft, in a reliable, stable, realistic and good looking simulator. But considering the fact that the games nowadays are getting worse and worse, I'm actually not that convinced already. Perhaps we will only get several seperate areas of the world, like Hawaii, and e.g. Rocky Mountains, Himalaya, Norway... Everything with mountains and all that. Or perhaps we will have to buy downloadable content to eventually get scenery for the entire world. In that case, I really hope that one of PMDG's secret projects is gonna be, their entire own flight simulation platform... Praying.gifim Not Worthy.gif

Geoff, I don't share your sentiments. When people fire up X-plane for the first time, they're greeted with a terrible interface and even more terrible default aircraft. On the other hand, the default 172 for FSX is actually pretty believable. X-Plane may be a decent platform for professionals, but for the most of us desktop users, that just is not the case.
Go for it! I agree..the xplane defaults are extremely poor.and I have to say 747 autopilot fms make me glaze over. Go for what turns you on! But there is some great stuff for those who wish to look a little deeper...and I would not judge from the defaults because all you say is true-for the defaults. A shame...imho because many will make their decision based on these.

But there is some great stuff for those who wish to look a little deeper.
That's what I hear. I guess I'm a bit too lazy to appreciate what a lot of others do. To be fair, I haven't touched XP10 or it's demo.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I mean, PMDG's 737NGX cockpit makes X Plane look like some 5th graders weekend graphics experiment. Aside from their bogus costly download service, I love PMDG and I would have been honored to pay PMDG $200.00 bucks for its 737NGX. Xplane though for a 2012 release is truly quite pathetic.. Flight dynamics are from a different planet, looney tunes, or a combination of both, Runway slopes look like the downtown san francisco road network.. and then they have the gall and audacity to demand 80 friggen bucks? Its beyond laughable, i mean ##### do they seriously take us for? Ultra chumps? I borderline feel like calling up the federal trade commission and having them investigate the X plane scam.