Sign in to follow this  
tnorton776

X plane 10.....

I haven't tried it yet, but I think it takes a lot more than a day to come to an absolute conclusion of "it's garbage". I remember it took my a good few weeks to accept FSX when it was new. Now it, with all the highend addons still causes me moments of awe! We are all used to FSX, and the sudden switch to a whole different sim will surely produce an initial "negative" response simply because it is not what we are used to in terms of key mapping, menus, flight dynamics ect. Put some quality time in to it before jumping to such a quick conclusion.Just my opinion!I will be trying it when the box ships.

Well I guess I'll never understand why one sim has to "win". Atc in xplane-not anywhere near default fs, cities in xplane-appears not to be anywhere near fs (haven't gotten the full program yet so I don't know).Want to know what it is like to fly a F33 Bonanza-xplane blows fs away and anything I've ever tried. Want to see weather that fs can't do-Xplane blow fs away. Want to never see blurries again and feel what it is like to land a real plane-xplane with the f33 blows fs away (but the defaults are awful).I guess I am the wierd one-have never had a loyalty to any sim. There are some really , really complelling things that xplane does-and there are also many that fs does. I plan to use them both.As for runway slopes-have some of you landed on them rw? Try Catalina Island or Grand Ledge Michigan...I've done both.Geof Applegate

I think X-plane 10 worth buying and definitely worth $80, we pay more than this on a single add on for FSX, I don't have a loyalty to any sim and I think it's stupid to do so, However I want them to succeed and get better because this good for everyone, and competition is always good for consumers at the end.I will keep to enjoy my FSX, and I will try my x plane 10 when it arrives and I don't think neither one can replace the other.Evan Banalian.

I think X-plane 10 worth buying and definitely worth $80, we pay more than this on a single add on for FSX, I don't have a loyalty to any sim and I think it's stupid to do so, However I want them to succeed and get better because this good for everyone, and competition is always good for consumers at the end.I will keep to enjoy my FSX, and I will try my x plane 10 when it arrives and I don't think neither one can replace the other.Evan Banalian.
Why stupid? that kills your whole argument. Makes it sound like, if some one has a different belief from yours.. then its a stupid belief. I will have both .. but dont think those that only want one active sim at a time are stupid.

Is awful... Fsx looks and feels so much better and more realistic... Whatever you do, do not waste 80 bucks on xplane 10. It's a piece of garbage. just my humble opinion...
Have tried the demo some more now & I fully agree! it's wort 0 I wouldn't have it for free.......FSX is lightyears aheadLove.gif I'm not loyal to anyone, just my 2cents!

Just what the Flight Sim world needs, more idiots trying to start wars...
the word "idiot" doesnt incite ill feelings at all .... does it? Plus speaking your opinion in a normal, without none personal attack is not inciting .. but calling folks idiots is.

the word "idiot" doesnt incite ill feelings at all .... does it? Plus speaking your opinion in a normal, without none personal attack is not inciting .. but calling folks idiots is.
Spot on.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

The whole Xplane ui is terrible, but I agree that its a little too early to say its garbage. I mean, I got FSX when it came out and I HATED it. Now with the ngx and a little time I really like it. X plane might just need some time to get used to it. We are all used to Microsofts platform, xplane is different. People stray from what's different. I think judgements should be held until it has time to sink in. That being said, I've never used xp10, and it could very well be crap.

its not garbage or crap, its not even close to those wonderfully chosen words .... at present, too much is missing in the sim vs what I have in FSX. I will buy XPX but my main flightsim software will be FSX. I will take the journey with XPX has it gets better over the numerous patches it will no doubt experience. Additionally, it will need some of the better FSX developers to pick up the XP platform. Thats the only way it will be able to close the gap.

I own FSX and xplane 9 and V10 is in the mail.Love to see how good ms flight is going to be.Been playing with v10 of xplane and love it.The original beta of the demo have problems but there has been a number of updates in the past couple of weeks and the bugs are disappearing.Keep on flyin... ...

got the demo and don't really know whether I like it. which is already enough reason for me not to buy it. yes, UI is terrible but one can surely get used to it (fs4.0 was not better). also that - in the demo - I was not able to assign my joystick axis and buttons to what I am used from fsx... the demo just disabled my joystick because it took me more than 10 mins :-). anyway, there are these small things like squeaking tire sound when I apply full throttle in a b747 (cannot be real, can it? I mean this is a flight sim and not need for speed), cockpit resolution could be higher, plausible world might look, well, plausible but that does not make it look convincing (saw manhattan and las vegas in some videos). seems I am more the guy who wants to have nice physics but also eye candy. hence I primarily fly my various pmdg planes and still enjoy the eye candy of orbx and aerosoft sceneries. so in essence, no go for x-plane. but I already know by now that I will preorder ms flight as soon as it is available. shame on me I guess :-)

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Just a quick comment RE: Phil's squeaking tire thing.There are minimum weights when it comes to jamming the throttles on some aircraft:This nondescript type for example:Warning.jpgChart.jpg