Sign in to follow this  
mcnobody

Flying home for Christmas

Ho ho ho fellow flight simmers!here is an early preview of airberlin's special 'Santa Claus Tour 2011' livery. Still got lots of things to adjust - as you can see - the paintkit has got its weak points.201112716116emwstdnxk.jpgI am still in search of a good image of the small logo next to left forward entry door but I wasn't able to find one yet, if anyone has one, your help is wanted smile.png .Kind regards,

Hi guys,thanks for the comments and the links. Nice video Luke but airberlin's marketing department likes that synthesizer sound form the 90's, don't they?Nils: thanks for the image and your comment, I guess they usually put the logos of the "Premium Partners" there. I inserted the current four premium partners form the airberlin website for the moment.William: Thanks, thanks. Sorry about the Timbers Jet...I hope you understand that.Made a large step towards aligning all those curved lines today... phew!! :(Cheers!Christian

Two more shots, including the right side of the aircraft and the Premium Partner sticker on the left.santaclaus1r6lt0dn325.jpgsantaclaus22ade6kub9y.jpgEnjoy the images and comments are welcome!Cheers!

Hi there,the "Mike Charlie" is available on avsim.com (pmdg_737ngx_800wl_ab_santa_claus.zip).A big thanks to Christian for such a piece of art and also for pre-testing. wink.pngCheers,Christian

Wow, I've been skipping this thread because I thought it was something completely different by it's topic title. Great paint, Christian. Long time no see.I really like the way you matched the tail, very very cool.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi guys,thanks for the comments and the links. Nice video Luke but airberlin's marketing department likes that synthesizer sound form the 90's, don't they?Nils: thanks for the image and your comment, I guess they usually put the logos of the "Premium Partners" there. I inserted the current four premium partners form the airberlin website for the moment.William: Thanks, thanks. Sorry about the Timbers Jet...I hope you understand that.Made a large step towards aligning all those curved lines today... phew!! smile.pngCheers!Christian
No problem !
Two more shots, including the right side of the aircraft and the Premium Partner sticker on the left.santaclaus1r6lt0dn325.jpgsantaclaus22ade6kub9y.jpgEnjoy the images and comments are welcome!Cheers!
Very very nice !

Hello Dan. :( Good to see you back in the forums again and thanks for your feedback. The title of the thread is a bit confusing and doesn't sound to interesting (even wrote the wrong aircraft type in sub-subject: typo). Getting those curved lines matched up is quite a challenge with that paintkit. Kudos to everyone has done this so far. The final version is as good as I could get it without spending the next half year making changes and checking it in the sim again (I can do those mouse clicks with my eyes closed now).William: Thanks. :(Christos: read Christian's (GEC1876), the repaint is availabe now. http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=164111&Name=&FileName=&Author=&CatID=root Enjoy flying the aircraft, not too many days left until that time of the year has passed again.Cheers!