Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rwy cond

Morning NGX captains, I mean afternoonA small question for those who know more than me...(that would'nt be hard!) In the fmc takeoff ref page 2/2 you can select rwy condition dry/wet and i just wondered what difference this makes selecting either?Cheers

Chris Howard

Morning NGX captains, I mean afternoonA small question for those who know more than me...(that would'nt be hard!) In the fmc takeoff ref page 2/2 you can select rwy condition dry/wet and i just wondered what difference this makes selecting either?Cheers
V1 will be lower with a wet runway since braking is less efficient. This needs to be taken into consideration to make a safe stop on the runway below V1 in case of an engine failure.

Dave P. Woycek

Ah ok, thnks for thatwink.png

Chris Howard

Is that modeled?ie. does it truly take longer to stop if runway is wet w/in fsx?

steve d

Win7 Ultimate x64

i7-2600k @4.8GHz

Asus Sabertooth P67

Mushkin Redline 8GB

EVGA GTX 570 SC

Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD

CoolerMaster SilentPro 1000W PS

PMDG737NGX, PMDG747-400, REX2.0, GEX, UTX, MyTrafficX, EzDok

ie. does it truly take longer to stop if runway is wet w/in fsx?
FSX does not do this. The rain is just an effect.

Kyle Rodgers

I believe the NGX does model the longer braking distances however.

Kenneth Weir

My Saitek yoke mod

i7 2600k @ 4.7

8GB Gskill CAS7

2x GTX580 SLI Surround + GT520 Accessory

Win7x64

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,945.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now