Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Starliner sneek peak

Wow Rich! I love it. You and Marcelo deserve some freeware paint awards. Thanks for your work.

Rich are you talking about the white seem that happens after you flatten that I showed the screenshots of in the other thread?

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Well, not sure about any paintkit other than the 900 that I'm painting, but in most cases the guides always seem to be off. The colors and the guide lines are both off a pixel or two. The guide lines in PS don't account for their own thickness which is one of the issues, but the other is that weird flattening thing. I have only seen that when flattening things with transferred effects and that of course isn't the case here, since we're moving a texture that is already flattened.Anywho, I have a workaround that seems to do pretty good.After you move your texture to fuse 1, 2 or 3 psd, make a copy of that layer. You want to nudge the bottom layer 1 pixel to the left. Be sure you're zoomed in good, at least 100% since you want to only nudge 1 pixel (I prefer 200%). At this point you should be able to flatten without the white line showing up and the bottom copy won't do any harm or anything. You shouldn't need to do for #1, just 2 and 3, and not the night ones.Also, I recommend taking a default dds for all 1, 2 & 3 fuselage's and lining them up as your base, then trash what's there. Once you've done the above steps and aligned it to the PMDG default, save your fuse 2 and 3 psd and use your own for future aligning. It will snap MUCH better that way.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I found this from a misc folder I had. No recollection ever doing this paint though, but here tiz.This is their old logo but should be a good tracer if nothing else.alaska.jpg

Dan Prunier

Guest MartyB

Maybe ??????? I'm not good with Programs like this as you can tell :-)

Looks great to me Marty

Dan Prunier

That looks flamin' awesome mate. I don't know about you guys, but after seeing some of the airlines painting aircraft in their retro schemes, I kinda wish they all would do it!Some of those old schemes have such character. (Not 1980's schemes so much. 80's were a bit daggy - only good for the thrash metal!)

Rich,looks good so far. I tried to make a vector file out of the old Alaska Airlines logo (see the attached example). Let me know if you need it. I probably can also help you out with the font used for "Starline 75" and "Boeing" titles.Keep up the good work! smile.png

Wow guys this is awesome all this help will save me a ton of work huge thanks, Dan well done can't wait to try your process out, guys thanks for the images I have a lot but you have produced some I do not have excellent, luv the vector image buddy, the image Dan provided I have and that will get me there, thank you anyway, this is great, wow. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif Marty great tail shot I can use that one for reference better than most I have.

Rich Sennett

Little update thanks guys for the font help, Dan still have seam line I will have to go over your instructions more carefully.2zemiaf.jpg

Rich Sennett