Sign in to follow this  
Spook

Links to documents

Hi allBefore i set out on any flight i like to get all the realworld info like route info, weather metar and fuel plan.I then copy this info into notepad for easy refrence.planner.jpgWhat i'd like to do, is to be able to click the location of my charts and have it pop up, just like linking to a website in the forum, for example.Is this possible?? (Useing notepad)Thanks

Hi.I think not in Notepad as that's ASCII (plain text) only.However, if you have MS Office you could do it in Word (or, I suppose, a similar app) as there you can format text as a hyperlink and make the hyperlink point to the relevant document. Not sure about Wordpad (the sort of half-way house that usually ships with Windows)... give it a go.D

Thanks Dave ill give that a go...and ive been a VERY good boy this year biggrin.png

You could do it in HTML and the kneeboard then acts like a web browser.

That sounds interesting, but will i be able to creat a link, that i can click, and open a file on my system?

If you make the links to files in your directories it should work.

little bit of google found this, which can take the fuelplanner2 PDF file it looks like you are using and open it, or any pdf, on the kneepad.http://code.google.com/p/fscode/wiki/PDFKneeboardhope that helps.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

That sounds interesting, but will i be able to creat a link, that i can click, and open a file on my system?
Depends on which sim, in FS9 yes, in FSX no.Jim