First of all I love this program, it gives my simulation a whole new dimension.But I do face some problems.1. I am not able to install X-Gauge in my 737 NGX " .... XGauge has already been installed..."For sure I have not installed any XGauge, but nevertheless tried uninstall and then install again; did not help.2. Heavy snow in EDDM; wet runway, but dry taxiways and green grass besides them. Not sure this is an AS2012 problem so.ThanksPeter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Peter,How did you verify Xgauge was not installed?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

2. You will only get snow at add-on airports with custom ground and runway textures etc if the developer included snow textures, many don't include any seasonal variation textures at all, a fewer still do not include a wet look texture for when its raining..

Cheers, Andy.

Vaughn, I tried to bring the XGauge up in the aircraft and could not see it (assigned shift-5); as you might know in the NGX Shift 1-9 are taken by various 2-d panels, but I thought I might be able to overrwite. It seems that there are no other options (shift 1-9) available in XGauge. There might also be a conflict with EZdok. There might be a problem that every developer is using shift-commands.Andy, thanks I use MA Muenchen need to look at my season settings.Peter

Peter

Peter,Ok,Did yo also try going to the FSX menu .. View, Instrument Panel and see if Xgauge was in the list?

Best Regards,

I did not. I will try, but that would not be the way I like to bring it up. I was able to install the XGauge in a simpler plane (Piper). So it has to to do with the already taken shift-commands in the NGX. I hope there is a chance to change the commands.ThanksPeter

Peter

I had the same issue trying to install X Gauge into the 800-WL. I finally figured it out by looking at the Panel.cfg inside the 800-WL directory and found that it is basically a blank file. I then went into panel.cfg of the non WL version and manually inserted the X Gauge lines (I "stole" the lines from X Gauge installer successfully inserting the gauge into the default C172) into the cfg file. I commented out the Shift-9 in the existing file(I Believe the lower DU since I never bring that 2d panel up). That worked, even in the 800-WL. Apparantly, the WL versions are using the panel config files from the non WL version. George Shimada

George Shimada

Sounds good. I'll do that this evening.ThanksPeter

Peter

George,"I had the same issue trying to install X Gauge into the 800-WL."On my system, Xgauge installed automatically into all FSX aircraft .. including PMDGNGX.

Best Regards,

My issue was that I was only installing into just the 800 WL. I agree that it probably works fine when you tell the installer to install into all aircraft. I am betting that the installer would even work if I just installed into the 800 no WL.George Shimada

George Shimada

Captains. Can you clarify something, please? I was trying to install X-Gauge but I was given a message that X-Gauge had been already installed, but I know for sure I did not. I hit Shift + 5 and X-Gauge opened in separate window, not in dedicated screen of the panel. Is that supposed to be like that or it should be inside (instead) of a a panel screen like inside of PFD? ratherbflyin, would you be more specific how did you fix that issue yourself? I was trying to do the same but I was unable to do that. Thank you.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Speedbird144, Rereading your post, I think you already succeeded. If you can open up XGauge, then it worked. As VonMar did, I would try and install to ALL aircraft....or at least try and install to the non WL versions of NGX. I did it manually, steps below:As VonMar did, I would try and install to ALL aircraft....or at least try and install to the non WL versions of NGX. I did it manually, steps below:1. Go to your flight simulator folder (wherever you put it on your computer)SimObjectsAirplanesPMDG 737-800NGXPanel folder2. Make a backup of panel.cfg3. Open up panel.cfg in Notepad or Wordpad.4. Find lines that start with "Lower DU" and "[Window 8]"5. Make it look like this://// Lower DU////[Window08]//BACKGROUND_COLOR=30,30,30//size_mm=451, 424//window_size = 0.2348958, 0.3533333//position=8//visible=0//ident=408//zorder=95//gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!DU, 0, 0, 451, 424, LOWER #4[Window08]size_mm=240,193position = 5Visible = 0ident = 14991gauge00=XGauge!WeatherMap,0,0,240,193I basically commented out the original PMDG reference to the 2d gauge and then added the code to replace with XGauge. I recommend changing size a bit as this size is too small. I just resize when I bring it up and have been too lazy to resize in the cfg file.6. Save panel.cfg7. You are good to go.Hope this helps. Again, by doing this, it adds XGauge to both the non-WL AND WL versions of the 800.George Shimada

George Shimada

The Xgauge Installer will only automatically install the Xgauge into the 800NGX folder. Which is correct.Because all other PMDGNGX models also use this folder.For example, here is the content of my PMDG 737-900NGX WL panel folder:[fltsim]alias=PMDG 737-800NGXpanelThis instructs MSFSX to go look into the PMDG 737-800NGXpanel folder for your data.As a test I Uninstalled Xgauge from all aircraft then installed XGauge into only the 800NGX and selected "5" as the panel number.SHFT + 5 brings up the Xgauge OK in PMDG models.

Best Regards,