Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Difficult to slow down

Well, I'm using the newest version with SP1b. Maybe we should make the PMDG boys aware of that so that they can fix it in SP2.

Well, I'm using the newest version with SP1b. Maybe we should make the PMDG boys aware of that so that they can fix it in SP2. (null)
Did you try my advice, it just takes a lot of practicing.Aaron G.

Did you try my advice, it just takes a lot of practicing.
I´ll make another flight in some minutes.

I´ll make another flight in some minutes.
Ok, here is my advice again.It took me 12 flights before I as able to do a decent and landing properly. Just keep practicing. Just a a quick tip, begin your slow down 15nm before you commence your decent and as you get more experience decrease the mile out before you begin your slow down to 10, 5 etc until you begin your decent were you should. Keep me updated on how it is going.Enjoy many flights in the NGX!Aaron G.

Well, I'm using the newest version with SP1b. Maybe we should make the PMDG boys aware of that so that they can fix it in SP2.
I think they are aware of this, there are a lot of topics reporting the idle bug, and in few of them they answered, a fix for the landing gear logic (a wrong logic wich activates the approach idle at 15500ft) was fixed in sp1b, but it seems to be not sufficient.However, I will test more, In my tests (5 flights) the problem in the video appeared 3 times, and 2 times without it... so, for it we must check again.For the idle values we need real pilot feedback, that could help to understand if it is correct tat FMC cannot help if antiice is used (also if AI is selected in forecast).

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Aaron sorry but your advice is bull. As in, well, it works, but it is not related to the problem. Kind of like if I wrote on a car forum, my car wont start, what can I do about it? and you would write Take a cab. yeah well it will get me to where I need to go, but my car still should start nad it doesnt.Andrea good job on Anti-ice thing. Maybe there are more idle bugs than just the gear one.To all stating that "CI is too high", sorry, but if Boeing made the plane accept CI value of 198 then it will accept the value of 198 and should fly accordingly (fast!). I know that currently airlines use lower values, but lets say that I am flying from some desert place where gas is cheaper than water, my aircrew are paid by minute, and I am late, why wouldnt I just trade the cheap fuel for expensive time?

Uh, I wasn´t aware that the cost index has a that big role in this advanced simulation. Mine was at (no joke) 100, wich I have to confess is way too high but I´ve used that also in other planes. I´ll test it with 40 or less.Btw. is there any list out ther which tells me which airline uses which cost index?
HiI can tell you that Ryan AIr uses 25 as a cost index.Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Tested again 3 times... and played with FMC DES forecast nd visually seen the ToD change to understand what can we do.As a temporary fix for whoever want to slow down the plane in VNAV PTH with AI turned on put the altitude for ON/OFF of it, the Tod will be anticipated a lot (correctly) but it will be not sufficient, maybe the engine will be pushing too much.So, as a temporary fix I tried to add some fictional winds and I found something strange (in my opinin, waiting pilot answers because I'm now confused)I firstly added tail winds, in my opinion the tail winds makes the aircraft difficult to slow down (ground speed) and mantain speed. But the ToD was advanced. I so putted 30kts of head winds for the entire descent and ToD anticipated. The plane was able to mantain speed for all the path with AI on, with DRAG required appeared just few seconds at the end of the deceleration phases. Maaybe 35kts will fix completely.Now I have the strange thing about tail and head wind ToD change....As I remember an head wind will result in a ToD moved "forward" from the "0 Wind" setting, and with tail winds the ToD must be anticipated.If someone can enlight me...

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Cost index has nothing to do with high idle. This thread started with high idle problems. It doesn't matter what KhazakhDiscountAirExpress uses for CI.
HiI can tell you that Ryan AIr uses 25 as a cost index.Thx Ian
:(

Matt Cee

Well guys, I´m just back from my tset flight from KCLM to KEUG, as it was the flight which made it very difficult to slow down and land. So this time I did it with clear sky (zero wind at all) and a proper flight planning (the right ammound of fuel and a correct DES FORECAST prediction) but the routing and everything else was like the last time.This time everything went extraordinary well, in fact we were a bit too early down at ILS interception height but that´s no problem. Descend was started with hrottles in RETAED and the idle on 39% but that went down to 33% and finaly arround 30% when descending and slowing down with some flaps deployed. All these values seem pritty real to me.Maybve I just had these problems cause of my improper flight planning?! I´ll fly some more flights ans looks how it works overall. Next one will be with Alaska Airlines from PAJN to CYYJ. Hopefully everything will go well.Btw. can I change the cost index in-flight for useing another CI enroute then for approach?

Matt: sometimes I feel like I am giving pearls to the swine.Steffen: Yes, you can, but then again, a)it is easier just to input a policy descend speed in VNAV DES pageb)it does not make the idle problem go away, at best it makes it less pronounced.

Steffen: Yes, you can, but then again,a)it is easier just to input a policy descend speed in VNAV DES pageb)it does not make the idle problem go away, at best it makes it less pronounced.
All right. Have you read my last post? It seems that the probelms is away. I don´t know. Maybe I´m made something wrong im my flight planning.Anyways, thanks for the info. :(

Yeah well I just got under the impression that you think CI to be the cause and relief from the problem, while rather it seems AI usage is. Sorry if that was not the case.