Sign in to follow this  
bariboy16

747 or MD-11

Guys what about the 600/700 expansion packs?
Hi Diego, get the MD-11: it's a "hands-ongeek's" airplane. After you get it, come join the "MD-11" group.BTW, how's your training coming?

the MD-11 is a different animal....it is NOT forgiving, particularly on approach and landing....crosswinds are a constant torture and manual landing with manual thrust control is a work of art to get it right. There are not many MD-11 fliers out there...if you want to join a semi-exclusive group and fly possibly the most challenging airliner in FSX or the real world for that matter, go for the MD-11....
If you had said Concorde-X in place of MD-11, I would agree. blum.gif The MD-11 has a lot of momentum, but as long as you keep her out of the unhappy places she never complains...For me I find I've been doing more Jetstream 4100 flights vs. NGX for the past few months. Last night was great fun around the New England area; low ceiling, high tops, icing, rain, fog... Talk about a 2-person work load on a short 100-200 nm IFR flight.I currently recommend:1) NGX (Base)2) MD-113) Jetstream 4100I don't have the B747 or 600/700 products so I can't really comment on them. I feel the 600/700 are too similar to the 800/900 if you're looking for something to hold you over until the next big thing... literally big I guess.-Bryant Martin

Hi Diego,get the MD-11: it's a "hands-ongeek's" airplane. After you get it, come join the "MD-11" group.BTW, how's your training coming?
I'm scared!What training are you talking about?

Yeah, saw that but was still more than I was wanting to spend; however, I bit the bullet and purchased it today. So I'll be a happy MD-11'er by next week.

I'm scared!What training are you talking about?
Hi Diego,I thought your were traing to get your PPL.

Yeah, saw that but was still more than I was wanting to spend; however, I bit the bullet and purchased it today. So I'll be a happy MD-11'er by next week.
The MD-11 is one "sweet" airplane to operate. You should have loads of fun with it: manual or auto? That's the question.The MD-11 was ahead of its time: the problem was it was not a "new" design: stretched as it was the engineering problem for MDmight probably have been overcome: the seat-cost per mile problem, if they had just done more stringent wind tunnel testing.Speculation on my part. I wasn't there and I am not an aerospace engineer, although i am friends with a couple, who have @@@secret clearances.

Hi Diego,I thought your were traing to get your PPL.
I thought you were talking about my NGX progress.My bad!It's going great. I love my flight instructor. He showed my the hard copy of the FAA handbook thingamabob, and his version was like from 2005 or something... Hahaha. He told me though that you can get it for free at the FAA website, which I saw there, or you could buy the hard copy on Amazon for like $11, but it becomes outdated once it's updated. So, just stick to the FAA website version, which is what I'm doing. Hopefully, I'll find an app on the iPhone that can do the stuff the iPad does with the reading, because sitting in my desk chair is annoying and hard to read with the brightness of the screen. Thanks for asking.

Congrats on both PPL and MD-11.I'm off to do an MD-11 flight now :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Flying the ConcordeX is like going backwards down the stairs on a office chair while firing an Uzi, while at the same time counting the 7 times table and solving the meaning of life. All at the same time =)

MD-11 all the way! Its the best thing (except for the NGX) you can have! the 744 really needs a remake... A more modern way to generate the VC just like on the NGX.