Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Test message using the [you] code

Hello [you],This is a test message to see if the code works.Okay it does. In order to use this code simply enter:

[you]

at any point in the message to use it.

Hey Tom,Help an old guy out, will ya? What the devil is the purpose of a "you code" and when and under what circumstances would we use it?Sorry to be so far behind the times.Thanks!John

John

Help an old guy out, will ya? What the devil is the purpose of a "you code" and when and under what circumstances would we use it?
No problem John. Look at my first post in this topic. The opening is "Hello (your user name/Id)". Were I reading it, my name would follow after Hello. What the YOU CODE does is personalize the topic message, so that the reader of the message actually sees their name, where ever in the message you may choose to use. Example, you should see your user id here -> [you].

[you]

No problem John. Look at my first post in this topic. The opening is "Hello (your user name/Id)". Were I reading it, my name would follow after Hello. What the YOU CODE does is personalize the topic message, so that the reader of the message actually sees their name, where ever in the message you may choose to use. Example, you should see your user id here -> [you].
[you]

Regards

Luke M

i dont see the point?...(without being rude)If i type [ y o u ] , yes it brings my name up..but how is that going to be useful?...the only scanario is if i was to talk about myself in the 3rd person..( but why wud i do that?)I feel im missing something..lol.

Regards

Luke M

Thank you Tom. I appreciate very much your taking the time to explain that to me. Respectfully,John

John

i dont see the point?...(without being rude)If i type [ y o u ] , yes it brings my name up..but how is that going to be useful?...the only scanario is if i was to talk about myself in the 3rd person..( but why wud i do that?)I feel im missing something..lol.
There are many public messages that I post, where personalizing the message is a good thing. It is just another feature (miniscule as it is) to help our readership here in the forums.

Hi Tom, aka [you],Are you sure it works?I am duly logged in but your test message calls me "Guest".Maybe I am missing something.CheersPhilippe