Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Setting the default zoom ratio?

Is it possible to have flights in FSX/FS9 open by default with, say x0.50 zoom in all views? I find that as things are, all views are way too close when the sim opens and I have to zoom out manually before I begin. Can't see anything in the cfg files that controls this. If I save a flight, the .flt file does of course have an option, but how to change the default behaviour in new flights?Thanks,Martin

There is a %AppData%MicrosoftFSXCameras.cfg file. Open it with NotePad and seek for:[CameraDefinition.xxx]Title = Virtual Cockpit //If You want to change VC zoomInitialZoom = 0.7 //switching to 1.0 will give You 0.7 zoom scalar in a new flight and when resetting zoom

Is it possible to have flights in FSX/FS9 open by default with, say x0.50 zoom in all views? I find that as things are, all views are way too close when the sim opens and I have to zoom out manually before I begin. Can't see anything in the cfg files that controls this. If I save a flight, the .flt file does of course have an option, but how to change the default behaviour in new flights?Thanks,Martin
The 2-D panel will save the zoom state if you save the flight and use the same AC. Once you change the AC it reverts back to 1.0 even if using the same AC. Not sure if or where a setting is for saving the 2-D state.Maybe someone else can chime in on that one.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Hi, thanks. I have only three views selected in FSX - Cockpit/VC and Spot - all have this entry in the camera.cfg file (I edited it some time back, but I still,l get 1.00 zoom on startup)InitialZoom = 0.5I don't understand "InitialZoom = 0.7 //switching to 1.0 will give You 0.7 zoom scalar in a new flight and when resetting zoom" I'm afraid. Sorry. What do I set to get 0.50 zoom when I load a new flight? Or maybe it's not possible to set this as a default value that will 'stick'?Thanks again,Martin

Edited by martinlest2

Sorry, that should be:

InitialZoom = 0.7 //switching to 1.0 will give You 1.0 zoom scalar in a new flight and when resetting zoom
I remember doing two things - changing zoom in cameras.cfg and default flight. Now I do have zoom 1.00 everytime I start a flight. Do You have EZCA by a chance? I believe it sets 0.4 in zoom

Save your default flight with a default aircraft with the zoom you want,that's all I have to do. I use 0.6

-Iain Watson-

Looks like I am working with FSX "Acceleration" ... After it updated to "Acceleration", I can't seem to zoom out very much while in the VC. I can see the instruments or look out the window (as if I'm hunched over the yoke) but can't seem to zoom out much. 

1 hour ago, CaptainPike said:

nevermind. Figured it out.

Glad you got it figured out. Rather than digging up a 5 year old post, you could just start a new topic next time.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator