Sign in to follow this  
JonP01

The more I see, the more impressed and excited I am

Considering the level of realism achieved by the default ATC I wouldn't find it surprising if ACES considered that it would take too much effort to code a realistic ATC system (considering they had an entire simulator to build) and that no ATC would be better than vector-you-into-mountains-ATC.In one of the leaked Flight videos at the airport selection screen it shows a list of ATC com frequencies. Whether that means Flight does have a (dormant) ATC system, or at least the base for one I don't know, but presumably it's not just cosmetics.
Japascoe the few things you mention (list of ATC com Freqs ) and also you can see taxiways signs on some of the videos . those details should tell a few people that its not just another XBOX like game. i dont think that 15 year old XBOX player jhony blow would care what K,J,X means on the litle yellow square next to the runway . you figure by now if it was as simple as another kid game why give the kid a taxiway he would only care about landing on a short runway and thats it .or why put a radio on the panel or hell why even put a working panel on after all....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Well if he thinks that this thing is one notch above FSX he must have a very wild sense of imagination.Wind...............what wind. (Blazing Saddles type wind maybe.)Detail..............very basic.Flight Dynamics...................you gotta be kiddin me !!A childs toy....................definitely.Fred.
Weather is in fact very good. Rain not so nice.Winds feel better then beforeDynamics, switching from stabilized to unstabilized dynamics gives me very very real feeling dynamics. Better than before.

It was titled 'FLIGHT' and not 'Flight Simulator 11' after all, what did you all expect apart from a flying game?

Dave Taylor gb.png

ATC adds to the atmosphere, even though it is minimal. Hearing real communication with the AI planes gives some situational awareness as to what is going on. It is also nice to hear when you just want to watch the AI traffic at your favorite airport.FSX would certainly be much less fun for me without AI planes or ATC.
I totally agree. IMO, part of the fun of flying from one airfield/airport to another is receiving taxi instructions, holding short whilst another plane takes off (or lands), being transferred from one approach frequency to another, and listening to AI pilots communicate with ATC. You can't beat watching other AI airliners operate at the big international airports, completely independent of your actions. That makes it a believable environment, and it is highly convincing to me. Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The trend nowdays is for themepark games. And that is what ms did. End of story. And even if flying VFR at Hawai will be nice, how many times will you fly? It is only Hawai and it is small. And then we have Vatsim, Ivao e.t.c. You cannot use MS Flight for those. And, how long will it take for MS to build another part of the world? This just a way to gain money from xbox users who will buy Flight, fly 1-2 days and then will put it on the self. Maybe in like 3-4 years if Flight has added the whole world by then and airliners and all that, and we can buy them in a nice price as a package, then we can talk about it again. But it took the developers what? 2-3 years for just Hawai?Darn, give me the whole world in the detail of Hawai in Flight even if it is 500 GB and i'll buy it, but this thing, not.

Edited by Stathis Mexias

Very well said. That is the crux of the matter. ATC vs collecting tokens.

I totally agree. IMO, part of the fun of flying from one airfield/airport to another is receiving taxi instructions, holding short whilst another plane takes off (or lands), being transferred from one approach frequency to another, and listening to AI pilots communicate with ATC. You can't beat watching other AI airliners operate at the big international airports, completely independent of your actions. That makes it a believable environment, and it is highly convincing to me.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.