Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

Wheel Well Fire

On a flight from London Heathrow to Zurich, I had my first fire warning since flying the NGX, on any PMDG plane for that matter.I had noticed during the flight that the brakes were still hot even 40 mins after takeoff, so decided to monitor situation. In due course, fire alarm went off and wheel well fire light came on. After short period of indecisiveness, I read the QRH which told me to slow down so that I could lower the landing gear. This seem to work and the fire warning indications ceased. I kept the gear down but the brakes continued to rise in temp to 10c until landing.Just thought I would share. I don't know how these things are modelled but I wondered whether there would have been a chain of events if I hadn't lower the gear.Finally, I had a slight aborted takeoff before the flight and I guess this may have caused the problem. RegardsBill Miller

Bill Miller

Hi,The "10" aren't degrees in Celsius. "1" shows at ~ 250° C. "10" is the maximum what the system can show. I don't know an actual number, sorry!Maybe it is a little bug in RTOs. John

Sp1 fixed some troubles on brakes, one of them was the excessive time needed to cool them in air.So, first of all check if your version is up to date.Second, if the temp is rising with gear down, try to reload a flight and simulate a take off after heating the brakes (a good RTO for example).See if on other flights you have the same problem.Then, if the problem is always present, a good start is to uninstall and do a clean install with only sp1b.

Regards

Andrea Daviero