Sign in to follow this  
777-Pilot

Frames

LLC is a must for higher overclocks, and the norm for SB chips.Either way, it wouldn't explain why you had such low voltages. You said yourself you had BSODs with those voltages.
Yeah Zach, those were the prime 95 tested stable voltages. As I said in an earlier post I didn't get bsod's until the chip got unstable which required higher vcor for stability.JBSent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB Edited by Buzz313th

Folks, I'm getting max CPU temp 75C +/- 2C. Should I be worried? See my sig for hardware specs and this thread for BIOS settings...http://forum.avsim.net/topic/357476-overclocking-and-how-to-pass-prime95/page__fromsearch__1Really would appreciate some guidence because I get nowhere with Prime95 but my system seems stable enough and quite happy with FPS, all things considered. We're in summer here so ambient temps are worst case. I am newbie to OCing btw.

Yeah Zach, those were the prime 95 tested stable voltages. As I said in an earlier post I didn't get bsod's until the chip got unstable which required higher vcor for stability.JBSent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB
Gotcha Jack. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Folks, I'm getting max CPU temp 75C +/- 2C. Should I be worried? See my sig for hardware specs and this thread for BIOS settings...http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1Really would appreciate some guidence because I get nowhere with Prime95 but my system seems stable enough and quite happy with FPS, all things considered. We're in summer here so ambient temps are worst case. I am newbie to OCing btw.
I'm over there.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I'm over there.
Mate, you wouldn't want to be in Melbourne today, 19C, wind, rain, hail, a winters day in the middle of summer! We sometimes see 20C to 40C+ to 20C in 24 hours. Highest I've seen was two years ago (Black Saturday) with 48C in the shade at our place!

affirm ! I'm cruising right now over sweden, heading Paris and my FPS ARE LOCKED AT 70. I had 32 to 40 fps at the gate. (engm aerosoft for sure) SAS 626 on IVAO for those being curious!
Could you please tell me your system and how you have set up? (I mean something like Nvidia Inspector,...) That would be very nice!!!!!CheersAnd thank you all for your advices!

Could you please tell me your system and how you have set up? (I mean something like Nvidia Inspector,...) That would be very nice!!!!!CheersAnd thank you all for your advices!
More precise in your request please. and my Nvidia soft is all set to default (never messed with it).

my Nvidia soft is all set to default (never messed with it).
Give this post a read. It may not greatly improve your frame rate but if you never touched it, it will absolutely give you a much FSX experience.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Give this post a read. It may not greatly improve your frame rate but if you never touched it, it will absolutely give you a much FSX experience.
will look at it but i'm already having a fantastic experience with this set up so... i just don't want to screw up my wonderful fsx! sure you understand me, always afraid by unknown things.

will look at it but i'm already having a fantastic experience with this set up so... i just don't want to screw up my wonderful fsx! sure you understand me, always afraid by unknown things.
Haha, yeah, I think we're all in that boat and no one like to take a whiz in a fan. One thing though, it won't change anything FSX wise and you could always easily undo the nvidia inspector settings. I agree though, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Haha, yeah, I think we're all in that boat and no one like to take a whiz in a fan. One thing though, it won't change anything FSX wise and you could always easily undo the nvidia inspector settings. I agree though, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I just read the topic. we're talking about a Frame rate limiter right. so any of em could do the job?

I just read the topic. we're talking about a Frame rate limiter right. so any of em could do the job?
No, I was talking about your comment I quoted on nvidia inspector only. I stay out of frame limiter debates since I don't use any and unlimited works great for me and always has.

Dan Prunier

Beware that some systems get sever stutters with any xS AA mode (Ryan's settings). In that case, go to any xQ AA and 4x to 8x supersampling. (Or more if you've got a strong card)

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

More precise in your request please. and my Nvidia soft is all set to default (never messed with it).
I mean your system specs and maybe some tweaks. If possible, your cfg would be nice!